Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'69, 4 speed, console/buckets. EVERYTHING is out of interior at this point, seats, carpet, underlay, kick panels, sills, dash (wiring harness in place), dash pad, all glass, etc., etc.,.... I'm on verge of losing my free garage space, so I've got to kick into high gear.

QUESTION: What order should I put everything back together to save as much "double work" as possible?

thanks for experienced suggestions.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's pretty basic. I would start with any wiring that you may have running from the front of the car to the rear. Then the underlay and carpet. Then the dash. This will give you plenty of room to finish wiring the dash (without giving you a severe back-ache). Dash pad. Then the kick panels and trim. I would save the glass until the end. If the windshield is out it will provide you with much better access to the wiring harness behind the gauge cluster in the dash.

http://imrussman.tripod.com

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,593 Posts
If the headliner is out, do that first, then glass. Seats last.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
1,960 Posts
I would put the dash pad on before you do the wiring as you will have a hard time getting to the bolts that hold it in place after the guages are in.
It's really not an advantage on a 69 anyway, I do agree with the headliner before the glass though.
T.C.

·
Super Moderator
990 Posts
Ok guys this is a real good basics question. Can one of you real experienced guys make a list in list format and post it? The list should include armrests, seltbelts, dash etc. That way we can archive this one.
Thanks!

·
Lifetime Founding Member
1,960 Posts
I would have to make that list as I expierenced the assembly.
As my car is in a gazzzzzillion pieces now. :(
I did put the headliner in before the glass and couldnt imagin doing it with the glass in place.
But first came the foof felt and dome lite wire, mark all the screw holes you intend to use that will be hidden by the headliner. :eek:
The package tray and felt accually goes in before the headliner.

I also found that the quarter windows sould go in before the side headkiner trim, I had to remove mine to install the windows.

Mabe when Im done I can tell you more about what not to do?

hope this helps?
T.C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts