Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kinda fuel line you running from front to rear with you electric fuel pump? My next project. The original is still in the car. Do I cut and flare a nut on it? Run a braided line, Aluminum line, or new stainless? Single line no return on my 70 SS clone. I am using a Mallory 160.

Thanks
Dave

· Premium Member
8,729 Posts
What is it you are trying to feed, Robmc 1/2" tank pick up, The Right Stuff SS1/2" tank to front frame AN flair. At the time a Carter 172 pump. It will depend on your combination.

· Premium Member
5,103 Posts
I run the blue push-lok hose from Russell/Edelbrock (made by Parker). If you're not needing factory stuff, it's real easy to run and simple to do with AN fittings. No worries about flaring or wrong bends. Can even convert to hard line or braided once you get up front past the firewall.

· Premium Member
6,187 Posts
I use pushlok hose with braided steel in the flexplate area. Pushlok is much easier to work with than braided. I do have a return system on mine as of last fall, no it didnt pick up any but should make life much easier on my fuel pump.

· Premium Member
395 Posts
Braided on mine. #12 from tank to pump, #10 from pump to regulators.

· Premium Member
655 Posts
Mostly 1/2" stainless tubing (feed & return) on mine with short sections of braided stainless -8 where flexability is needed at the engine with - 8 valved Jiffy Tite quick release conectors.

· Premium Member
11,085 Posts
Combo for me..

I run a -10 braided hose from cell to 100 micron filter and then to pump.

I then run a -10 braided from pump to 40 micron filter right in front of the lower control arm forward mounts.

The braided in this area is easier to work with, not to many bends.

I use a 5/8" stainless hard line the length of the frame rail and then as it enters the frame stock location switch back to -10 braided line to the regulator.

From the regulator I run -8 lines to the carb.

The return is a -8 braided line that leaves the regulator and goes back down the drivers side frame rail and back to the cell. I use braided and stainless steel hardline here as well. However it si -8 and 1/2" hardline.

· Registered
170 Posts
I redid my El Camino's tank pickup with RobMC 's 1/2" into a jegs 90 Micron Filter at the back. Then a Carter electric street/strip 120 GPH @ 7 psi. Stock 3/8" steel SS fuel line push through a mechanical Carter 172 . Small Mr. Gasket PSI gauge reads the pressure and continues old school stainless to a "Y" block. Hello double pumper.

No regulator or return required so far.

SK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.