Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My original horns didnt work, so I took them out. I have a steering wheel that has a center cap, but not one that you can push for a horn. What kind of ideas do you guys have so I can get a working horn? I could maybe mount a small push button switch in the center or put a button on one of the spokes. Please help. I think I might get one of those really loud compressed air horns. :D

Anyway, heres a pic of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
do u realize you have a very expensive steering wheel called the comfort grip (deluxe) steering wheel it should have a horn

·
Premium Member
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the wheel from a store, it is aftermarket and the button is just snapped in place, I will look at the ground up kit. I am not looking to spend too much money. Thanks for your help guys. Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
hey man your horn can be your engine just put her in neutral and rev the engine lol

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
Rather than the air horns, take a look at the Fiamm electric horns. They will mount about like the stock horns and are very loud. The only downsides are: they are made of red plastic and are made in Italy.

·
Registered
280 Posts
You said it right in your own post.. Use the existing horns,or get two from a salvage yard, and place a button where its easy and not too conspicuous. Mine is right on the floor shift. With an auto just try next to the radio,cigarette lighter can be made to a button,or on the coluum.. I know its not ideal,but believe me, when someone is about to back into the side of your car,,, you would even resort to one of those boat air horns,,,, even throw the horn at them.. anything beats sitting there yelling at the ---hole... phil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts