Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I got really pissed...another Chevelle stolen & a fully restored one at that. There was just a stolen 66 Chevelle not too long ago. Please keep an eye out for em guys! Click on the little envelope going through the door. I'm gonna keep me eye open for that one from Oakland. Just pray to God they didn't take that thing to Mexico(insert prayer hands icon here). Watch your Chevelles men, their are some weird people in this world.
Click here for details on the stolen Chevelles: www.chevelles.com/alert.html

------------------
Jay W.
In-the-works 67 Malibu
genxrodsandcustoms.8m.com
surferwagons.8m.com
www.angelfire.com/ca4/67malibu

[This message has been edited TWICE by SoCalRat (edited 09-24-99).]

[This message has been edited by SoCalRat (edited 09-25-99).]

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, is there anyway we can get these thiefs alone in a room with Tom P.(DZAUTO) & give Tom a brick and a hammer?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I think that the message here is multiple: Firstly "they don't make 'em anymore." Secondly the value will become greater as the cars become more rare. It is possible that the black market value will go up as the Yen goes up in value; it is rumored that many American Muscle cars end up in Asia. They are owned by wealthy types who do not care where ( or how ) the cars came from. I know that this sounds like some kooky conspiracy theory, but these cars are becoming more valuable and money talks. So, lock up your car as best you can. Or paint it really ugly and hope for the best.

·
Administrator
3,376 Posts
Guys, it only gets worse. I just added ANOTHER one after that. Watch any 'specials' on used parts in your area, you never know what they did with these cars. Let us know any leads, with a few thousand of us together here, maybe we can make a difference.

I'll bring the bats (and a bag of bricks
)
Al

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
What's the loudest sound in the world? When a would-be car thief hears a round being chambered in an AK at two in the morning. I like the pliers and blowtorch idea from Pulp Fiction.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Bamboo shoots under the fingernails and porkupine needles between the toes. Then here in Texas, its still legal to hang horse thiefs.

·
Registered
705 Posts
You know what I'm going to start doing. Make note of the VIN etc from your list and check the local car shows and Cruise in's. You never know, some of these people may be stupid enough to go brag about their so called new car.

One more obvious thing. Stop posting your last name and City or State your from in your signature file.

Mark

[This message has been edited by COPO (edited 09-23-99).]

·
Registered
63 Posts
Someone needs to develop a cheap, reliable tracking device, kinda like the G.P.S. deal in the newer Cadillacs. That way, when the d*ckless pieces of s--- decides to swipe one of our rides, we can follow them home, or to Asia or wherever, shotgun, blowtorch, powertool in hand. Just a thought from a frustated Chevelle owner >

·
Registered
288 Posts
well....
my 66 454 was stolen too days ago. from infront of my house while I was sleeping. I woke up to go to school and my car wasnt there. I called the cops and filled all the reports. the cops made it sound very common and that I wasnt getting my car back.

well I was going to the store to pick up a auto trader. because I still needed transportation to school for he rest of the semester.

well I ended up finding my car about 5 blocks from my house. and, about 6hours after I relized it was stolen.

I popped the hood and all that was gone was the air cleaner.(asswipes took a trophy)they tried to stuff my hood pins in the carborator. the morons were smart enough to use some wire to crank the ford starter solenoid. but dumb enough to think the only way to get the ignition on was a screwdriver in the ignition switch.

they stole my CD player but left over 100 CD's(guess they done like my taste in music
)

so whatta ya think. luckiest day of my life huh? needless to say I went to circut city the next day and had one of the best alarrms they had installed. oh yea.. and since they took a trophy... I havet the wire they cranked over my starter with hanging from the review mirror.(hope they see it)

------------------
Justin McIver
Sacramento CA
66-454-th350

·
Registered
826 Posts
Justin,
Lucky, lucky man! You've all got me worried now about ours. It's sitting out in the parking lot here at work with no hood! The neighborhood is upscale and the complex is on a dead-end street, so no thru traffic. I just got it running last night is the only reason the hood's off. Sucks we can't just enjoy our stuff that we've worked so hard on.

Anybody with a '67 got good suggestions on how to install an unseen hood lock?

Oh, and for all would-be thieves: our car doesn't even HAVE a radio of any kind!

------------------
Tom H.
Member #259
Indianapolis,IN www.iquest.net/~bharold/chevelle/

[This message has been edited by TH (edited 09-23-99).]

·
Registered
321 Posts
[misfire]

[This message has been edited by michael j (edited 09-23-99).]

·
Registered
321 Posts
Justin,

I live in Jersey City, NJ. One of the worst places to live if you have a car. Though hood pins are cool as hell and a piece of automotive history, they easily allow people under you hood who really shouldn't be there.

Something that I've done is to replace the hood pins on my 70SS with hood locks made by Mr. Gasket. The sad thing is that I had to.
The practical upshot is that I can completely disable the ignition (pulled coil wire) and then LOCK THE HOOD DOWN. Now there is now way other than a tow truck that my car is going anywhere.

I learned this lesson the hard way as some one went shopping underneath my hood and took my cowl induction air cleaner, DieHard Gold 900, and the cover to my brake MC(???). The car was disabled at the time when a ball joint pulled through the control arm.

What I've lost in coolness of a by-gone era I've earned back 20 fold in peace of mind. WHENEVER the car is parked anywhere other than inside my garage out of sight, the coil wire is pulled and the hood is locked tight. No system is perfect, but this system can greatly deter the casual criminal who likes your car.

------------------
??michael j Team Chevelle Gold #77
70 Chevelle SS396 4sp, Fathom Blue/White Stripes - Canadian built

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
All I can say is, if I ever get my car completed, it will have one of the most confusing theft-deterent electrical interlock protection circuit known to man...

ETAYLOR72-

I agree totally, I found a perfect spot on '70-72's for an "in-flight data-recorder"

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well i say if they r in your yard steeling something and u see em they should make it law u can shoot them dead on the spot i sure would. If they find a car/truck that had been stolen all they do is send a wrecker to pick it up and say call the insurance agency. know from when dads truck was taked from our front yard. they don't even look at the steering wheel for fingerprints hell u never know they might find something. Any ways i say have an alarm system, the club or something like it both of them steering wheel one and gas pedel to steering wheel one. If my car ever gets on the road it will have a alarm system before it gets a stereo system gonna have to use stock AM radio for now. but hell DZ should be put in a room with them.
Let's pray everyone gets their cars back togeather!!!!

------------------
OWNER OF A 66 CHEVELLE MALIBU
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/nascar97/Chevelle.html page about the progress on my resto. still being made

·
Registered
13,151 Posts
OK, if I use the brick treatment, are you guys going to go my bail?

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Gold Founding Member
5,822 Posts
I will Tom, and even help with the lawyer fees. Worth every cent.
Ron

------------------
70 Chevelle SS396, 71 Z28-RS, 95 Z28 Convertible. Aces 3081, TC #54 Gold

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think DZAuto and Gene Chas are brothers!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tom,
I'll put in some money as long as I see some broken heads...
Everyone,
We need to make an international anti-theft device for our cars so that you don't need an alarm. Nowadays, if an alarm goes off people keep walking cause it's so common. We need to design a anti-theft device with some kind of code that can't be broken or hell, even take the flamethrowers Brazilians put on their cars & torch the bastards when they try to break in would help.

[This message has been edited by SoCalRat (edited 09-23-99).]

·
Registered
174 Posts
DZ on the bail damn right as long at you kick some @$$ real good.
I think that is true SOCALRAT not many people do anything anymore but some systems can tie into the cop shop and they will track the car and send a cop to check on it. I am not sure who all has it but Viper alarms do. buddy of mine had one tested it and it works like 3 cops came

------------------
OWNER OF A 66 CHEVELLE MALIBU
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/nascar97/Chevelle.html page about the progress on my resto. still being made

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.