Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Looks like an amature atempt to hook up an ignition! Either that or an alarm, i know mine has a block that has a ground, power, and ignition but it doesnt have the r, y, or g.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of it. the car does have an HEI installed, so i wonder if that is what it is for..hmmmmmm

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Not for HEI. A single wire run back to the fuseblock IGN terminal is all the HEI needs.
Is the horn relay mounted near that item? Maybe the horn relay burnt up and that was hung in it's place.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did not see the horn relay there, but it could have been. I will look more into it when I run the wires back here in the next couple days and post up what I find. the horn does not work anyway (not even any contacts in the wheel).

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
The 72 uses a unique horn relay. It has a large stud on it to tie the main positive wires together under the hood. Even if it's broken the large stud acts like a terminal block for the wires.
The relay mounts on the firewall by 2 screws just to the inside of the brake booster.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I am pretty sure that is there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Super Moderator
13,009 Posts
dead,
Where do the wires go to ?? Could it possibly be a sender for one of the ancient tachs that used a remote sender ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ill check it out and let you all know. I am not an electrician, so I am lost..LOL..

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Sorry, the picture is too far back for me to see anything. Old eyeballs aren't what they used to be.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
at the bottom it says "view full size pic" and you will get a much larger pic.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks dean. I might re-run al the wires today and see what I can learn about this stuff.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nah. Not a big fan of Chrome. Now Polished aluminum I like, but chrome has been killed now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts