Chevelles.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me what is totally needed to change a 1970 sweep dash to a ss dash? When I say complete I mean totally complete.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ground Up Restorations supplies it all. Even have a Dash Kit which includes all but gauges that you can also buy. I got the kit am very happy with it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Off the top of my head:

1: Dash Housing
2: Plastic Gauge Carrier
3: Lens
4: Ammeter
5: Tach
6: Speedo
7: Clock
8: Temp/Fuel level gauge
9: Circuit *board* for gauges
10: Bulb sockets
11: Bulbs
12: Dash Harness
13: Engine Harness (if you want all of your gauges to work)
14: Glove box door
15: Ashtray
16: Assorted screws to put everything together
17: Metal gauge housing to hold Tach, Speedo, Clock
18: Cigarette lighter and housing
19: New wiper and headlight switches (If needed)
20: SS Steering column cover for underneath

There may be more but I can't think of it right now. Hope this helps.

Ben

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What literature would I need to buy that has directions on how to put this swap together? Or is there an online guide? Or is it simple enough to do without a guide?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Originally posted by dunkinskeleton:
What literature would I need to buy that has directions on how to put this swap together? Or is there an online guide? Or is it simple enough to do without a guide?
For me, all I used was a Factory Assembly manual. The rest seemed pretty self-explanatory. It's getting everything to work afterwards that's the trick.
(still working on that)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Originally posted by Dean:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ben70:
Off the top of my head:
14: Glove box door

The glove box door is different ? </font>[/QUOTE]No, but I replaced mine because it was orginally green and then poorly painted black. I just wanted something new. I figure if you're replacing everything else you might as well get a new door, I don't think they cost that much. But you're right Dean, it's not required.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hello dunkinskeleton,
I'm changing out my '72 SS interior and have a complete SS gauge package available for sale. Also available is a complete wiring harness for it. It could use some cleaning up, but all the gauges worked fine (except the clock of course) when it was last run - about 2 years ago. I could send you some pictures if you're interested. Also, since I've completely dismantled my dash, I might be able to help with questions you might have if you're doing the conversion.
-Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts