Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my firewall, drivers side there is what appears to me to be a relay. Power wires are connectied to it via a thick piece of metal, which is attatched to the device,there is also a two wire plug on it also.Can someone tell me specifically what this relay or other device is? The wiring on this beast was hacked so diagrams are not much use at this point.

·
Registered
124 Posts
if its above the steering column and up against firewall, there should be 2 different plug terminals. the one on the left is for your ignition and the other the right im not sure of. the one on the left has 2 wires there is a purple solid and a purple with white stripe threw it thats for ignition. the one on right is 1 green and 1 red, and im not really sure on that one, look in the harness for these 2 plugs. if this is what your talking about, I think thats what it is cuz I just switched the sweep dash and harness to a ss dash and harness and remember these wires.If you could get a pic of the area Id know for sure. hope this helps. Brian My project
http://hometown.aol.com/bri4242win1/

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to say that it is in the engine bay on the firewall. Sorry!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was the horn switch! Thank you all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts