Votes: 25 18.2%

Votes: 20 14.6%

Votes: 11 8.0%

Votes: 16 11.7%
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
15,965 Posts
Tough call on this one... I'd argue that no Chevelle really is all that iconic looking from the back. None of them really stand out from the rest of the cars of the era from behind, the way they do from the front. 67 SS is probably the closest to meeting that threshold for me. Lack of spoilers, graphics, etc... they're all a pretty clean looking design and none of them stand out as ugly either, but Chevy definitely didn't push the boundaries of style when it comes to the back of any year Chevelle. If I had to list the 10 most iconic looking musclecars from the back, I don't think any Chevelle would make my list.

Front ends and side profiles are where Chevelles could really compete on looks with any car of the muscle era.

·
Premium Member
4,770 Posts
Reactions: shovelrick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tough call on this one... I'd argue that no Chevelle really is all that iconic looking from the back. None of them really stand out from the rest of the cars of the era from behind, the way they do from the front. 67 SS is probably the closest to meeting that threshold for me. Lack of spoilers, graphics, etc... they're all a pretty clean looking design and none of them stand out as ugly either, but Chevy definitely didn't push the boundaries of style when it comes to the back of any year Chevelle. If I had to list the 10 most iconic looking musclecars from the back, I don't think any Chevelle would make my list.

Front ends and side profiles are where Chevelles could really compete on looks with any car of the muscle era.
That’s what I liked about Chevelle‘s they were never flashy with big spoilers, huge hood scoops or obnoxious colors. They are pure musclecar. The performance did the talking.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
1970 all the way. No other year Chevelle has a black pad with prominant, contrasting, SS letters reminding you who is in the lead...:p

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
You have a black painted panel, not a pad on a chrome bumper. Yes, similar, but the 70 tail lights are in the bumper too. 1969 is a nice appearance and is an improvement over 1968. 1970 was a further improvement over 1969. 1971-2 Completely lost the Chevelle heritage by incorporating 60's Impala tail lights.
THAT ought to stir the shitpot...:ROFLMAO:

41 - 60 of 65 Posts