Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and (gals) need some help. Ive got an LS6 with a cowl induction hood.I'm presently working on restoring it to its original glory. It was a drag car.(missing everything) It has a 427 right now which I plan to leave in and run through the summer. Problem is I have oval port heads and dont want to put my restored rect. port heads on this motor just so I have the right height(plus ports wont match).I want to use the cowl induct hood. What intake could be used that would fit to properly work the cowl and close the hood?
jimls6
1970SS LS6 (GM test car from Van nuys)

------------------

·
Banned
269 Posts
Jim, you can use your restored manifold with the oval port heads even though the port style is different.
Just use rectangular port gaskets and all will be fine.

------------------
racer's '68

[email protected] n/a
1.43 60 foot
3900 lbs.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Jim,I did the excact same thing as racer1320 states.2 years ago i had a LS5 car,wanted an intake that was aluminum to use and look close to original so i put a original LS6 intake on my LS5.I used the rec. port gaskets on my oval port heads and it worked fine.

------------------
Ray Griffin
70 LS6

·
Registered
964 Posts
Jim
If I was you I would just give up and sell that car for parts outright.It really has seen better days and your kids aren't getting any younger.Now if it was a California car owned by a GM executive named E.E. Game then I would suggest restoring it to Concourse and disowning your loved ones..But the odds of that are a million to 1.

------------------
Rick Peters
NCOA#1670-ACES#175
1970...ON THE MOVE

[This message has been edited by mr70 (edited 05-02-2001).]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mr70:
Jim
If I was you I would just give up and sell that car for parts outright.It really has seen better days and your kids aren't getting any younger.Now if it was a California car owned by a GM executive named E.E. Game then I would suggest restoring it to Concourse and disowning your loved ones..But the odds of that are a million to 1.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That was great!!! I really needed that! I laughed my ass off. How accurate was that? My loved ones have disowned me and my dog has been looking at me funny!!!

jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by racer1320:
Jim, you can use your restored manifold with the oval port heads even though the port style is different.
Just use rectangular port gaskets and all will be fine.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats great!! I'll do just that!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 70RPOLS6:
Jim,I did the excact same thing as racer1320 states.2 years ago i had a LS5 car,wanted an intake that was aluminum to use and look close to original so i put a original LS6 intake on my LS5.I used the rec. port gaskets on my oval port heads and it worked fine.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks!! By the way what carb did you end up using?? I have the original 780 holley.
jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.