Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 69 chevelle malibu and I don't have a front end (suspension, steering, a-arms, etc. I have nothing, not even the whole front clip). What front suspension will interchange on a 69? Does it have disc brakes? help!!!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
There are many interchangeable parts for your 69 Chevelle, I'd recommend that you check with a salvage yard to see exactly what will work they have manuals or databases specifically for interchangeability. Where you live you should have no problem finding what you need. Just down in the valley, I believe in Fontanna, there is a salvage yard called Fins and Flames, they had a 69 300 Deluxe in there that was almost complete. If I were you, I'd try to pull the parts myself off the same car. Have you checked the ecology salvage yard there in Adelano? Also, the 69 Chevelle Malibu usually came with manual drum brakes but could also be ordered with power disc brakes. I have even seen one with power drum brakes. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I have a 69 that has power drum brakes. The
front end parts will interchange with 68-69
as far as sheetmetal is concerned. Suspension
parts interchange from 68-72 butif i am not
mistaken some 70-72 suspension parts are different in diameter and are heavier duty than the 68-69. I would buy a disk brake set-
up then buy the 1970-72 suspension parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.