Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 1965 el camino.the frame is really rusted bad.I want to put a later model frame with disc brakes under it.Does any one have any suggestions??

------------------
67 SS Clone
ACES #4218
TC # 935
My 67

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
I never found a frame from a later vehicle that had the same wheelbase as a 65 El Camino. If you don't mind cutting and rewelding, I would use an s-10 pickup frame that has either the long bed or extended cab. I believe the wb is a 118 inches. I believe the El Camino is 115 inches. So you need to lose three inches somewhere in between. The great benefit would the amount aftermarket parts for suspension and brake upgrades.

I was planning on the same thing, but did not pursue it futher due to house project and limited space and funds. Good luck.

------------------
64 Malibu SS 327
Parting out 1965 El Camino
Instructions?...all I need is the exploded view

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just bought a 65 Chevelle El-Camino frame from Texas. The frame ran me $100 plus shipping (about $200). The frame is spotless. I would begin my search in the southern states (Texas, Arizona, New Mexico) and stick with an original frame.
Hope this helps..

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.