Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Baltimore, MD plant still there or did it get torn down? If it did get torn down (no!!), does anyone know what's there now? I'd be interested in visiting it either way just as long as it's still there. Please let me know somebody.

------------------
1970 Chevy Custom El Camino aka Kaileigh
Built on: November 25, 1969 in Baltimore
Green Mist #45 w/Green Vinyl Top
350ci/300HP 4bbl Small Block
Factory Dual Exhaust and Rally Wheels
www.dreamelectric.com

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The baltimore plant is still there. I heard that during the Late Great/Bow Tie/Yesteryear Chevy Eastern National Convention, in June 2000 in Baltimore, They are trying to get a tour set up. I hope they do, I can't wait.

------------------
Bryan Shook
Burgettstown, Pa.
1972 El Camino
www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/6673
Favorite Quote: Some people have shrinks. Some people have their garage.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The Tarrytown NY plant is about 5 mintues from where I grew up, and they have been tearing it down for 2 years now. GM moved out, so they just wrecked the place. Kinda sad, I actually went to take pictures of it when there was still a lot left, but the camera ran outta batteries! It's really depressing, I ride through the middle of it every time I take the train home to work on my car. I don't think they built Chevelles there (at least not during 70-72), but a lot of impala's, biscaynes, etc came from there. Before they closed it down, they were producing the GM minivans, the ones with the long, sloped windshield. Now it's just piles and piles of scrap.

------------------
Ian McDermott
1970 Chevelle SS 396
Gold Member #101
E-mail: [email protected]
Web page: chevelle.dhs.org
ICQ UIN: 3923441

R

·
0 Posts
The Baltimore Plant is still producing Chevys, but they're Astro Vans and Safari Vans. There is some memorabilia in the lobby of the "better days", but not much else. When GM stops making Astro Vans, the plant may shut down. But we hope not!

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.