Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the jegs Websit looking at the flowmaster mufflers and i was wonder what does it mean when it says A, B, C, D type?

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
various inlet/outlet configurations, center in center out, left in right out etc.....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Pick the muffler configuration that you've already got. If you've got center in, and left out mufflers, buy the same ones.

If it doesn't explain on their website which is which, check their printed catalog, it should in there -- or call their 1800 number. They are more than willing to help you with anything.

For example, my 69 SS has inner inlets, and center outlets...but it is all determined by what pipes are already on the car.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
The most common configuration is offset in, center out, or opposite offset out. This way the exhuast piping can run close to the driveshaft tunnel then toward the be in position to exit closer to the outside of the car when it goes over the axle.

Steve R.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Unfortunately, that version of the Flowmaster also happens to be the most restrictive version. With Flowmasters, it's best to get the center-in, center-out configuration. Also with Flowmasters, it's important to get the biggest case that you can fit under your car.

Big O Dave

------------------
TC Member 1113
God, Family, Country, Chevrolet... and Volvos with 400 SBCs in them. To paraphrase the Chrismas carol:

"Oh what fun it is to ride with a HIDDEN Chevrolet!"

Resist the Shiny Side!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.