Team Chevelle banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy is looking for an original big block radiator panel, but I am not sure what it looks like, It's suppose to have some square piece on the corner, guess like a badge? can someone post a picture plz?

·
Premium Member
7,106 Posts
Off my '71 El Camino SS 454. See the top right square that allows for HD cooling. However, I've only seen these on AC cars or those equipped with V01 HD cooling.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
FWIW, I believe Alan's photo shows 4 row radiator top plate and Walt's looks to be 3 row radiator.

·
Premium Member
7,106 Posts
I feel very lucky to have had the original one to the car. My '70 SS convertible (AC car) had one also.

I've never had to search for one, but just haven't seen them. I don't think they are repro'd. The corner piece seems like it would be easy to reproduce and add to the other standard 4-bolt cover.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
Our buddies over at OPGI have it as well.

If he has the 4-row, Hinshaws also has a reproduction of the tab that was spot welded on to the bottom of the radiator support on the drivers side to accomodate the deeper 4-row tank.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
I think using a 4 core rad, You also need the 4 core H.D. core support.
I believe the H.D. AKA- VO1 Core support has the welded tab on the left or drivers side of the core support. Both of my 70s have this style core support.
Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts