Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please post a link to item #260092399976. I was searching e-bay and came across this chevelle.It's a very nice car but he is claiming it to be an all number matching SS.Says he has all the paperwork to support this.The vin # is 1C37F2RXXXXXX.That would make it a base chevelle with a 307 right?Here is a quote I found kinda funny."All the vin numbers on 1972 chevelle SS's start with 1C37.If it is anything different it's not a real SS."The guy talks a good game and obviously people that don't know any better are taking his word for it because it is already up to $19,700.:eek: So what do you think?

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
notice that there are no pics of the dash. This guy is a TOOL!

per his quote, my 1D37W2B car is a clone.:noway: what a dip$hit!

·
Gold Founding Member
64,449 Posts
notice that there are no pics of the dash. This guy is a TOOL!

per his quote, my 1D37W2B car is a clone.:noway: what a dip$hit!
I can't find that ^ quote :confused:

You are viewing a 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle SS this is a 100% all number matching car with 300 miles since restoration. Car comes factory equiped with A/C, power steering and power disc brakes.This is not your average 1972 Chevelle SS this is a 100% show quality car with its' original flawless body, absolutely no glasswork, no chips, or no stress cracks anywhere. Car carries it's original perfect and rust free frame. The motor transmission and rear end are 100% professionally rebuilt to factory General Motors specs except for a few high performance bolt-on modifications. Complete front-end, steering and brakes were restored as well. Last year car was stripped of all chrome and moldings and had a $7,000 paint job done at a very reputable corvette restoration shop. All new moldings and chrome were put back and the car has been wet sanded after paint job to look like a sheet of glass. Interior is mostly new as you can tell by the pictures, the tires and rally wheels are new as well. The motor, transmission, front and rear end is a 100% perfect in every way. Car does not burn or leak a drop of oil, and drives like the day it was new. This is a factory A/C vehicle, however A/C not reinstalled after restoration. There are no aftermarket parts on this car at all. This is a show quality car but can be driven every day of the week if that is what you are looking for. Real Chevelle Super Sports like this one don't last long so if you're interested please don't hesitate and call me at ANY time. Car is also for sale locally by word of mouth and I reserve the right to cancel the auction at anytime. For any reason you fly in to see the car and my description is not accurate, I will pay for your round trip airfair. For additional pictures, or questions please feel free to contact me anytime at:

I can help arranging the transportation of this car.

(954) 562 -7693

(954) 562 - 5000

On Mar-02-07 at 19:54:18 PST, seller added the following information:

I LEFT A NUMBER OUT OF THE VIN# ON THE EBAY DISCRIPTION ABOVE. I HAVE ALL PAPER WORK SHOWING THAT THIS IS A REAL CHEVELLE SS.DO YOUR HOMEWORK. DON'T MAKE A MISTAKE.IN 1972 THE VIN NUMBER'S CHANGED ON THE CHEVELLE'S WITCH MADE IT DIFFRENT THEN 1968-1971.ALL THE VIN NUMBERS ON 1972 CHEVELLE SS's START WITH 1C37 . 1-MEANS CHEVROLET C-MEANS CHEVELLE AND 37-MEANS 2 DOOR SPORT COUPE IF IT IS ANYTHING DIFFRENT IT'S NOT A REAL CHEVELLE SS.

On Mar-02-07 at 19:59:33 PST, seller added the following information:

VIN NUMBER IS 1C37F2R544879

On Mar-05-07 at 11:57:58 PST, seller added the following information:

My car is lazer strait not 1 ripel on the whole car it's tottal restored your welcome to have anyone view the car at anytime.It is a 2 time winner at the chevy muscle car show.Im not a dreamer when it comes to the $ price like most guy's that owne car's like this one.Im going to sell the car so if your interested don't wait you may lose it.Good luck and thank you for all your interest in my car.
Just proves what I've always said, ANYONE CAN put ANYTHING on the internet, true or not.

Nice looking car tho.
Sure is !

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
DON'T MAKE A MISTAKE.IN 1972 THE VIN NUMBER'S CHANGED ON THE CHEVELLE'S WITCH MADE IT DIFFRENT THEN 1968-1971.ALL THE VIN NUMBERS ON 1972 CHEVELLE SS's START WITH 1C37 . 1-MEANS CHEVROLET C-MEANS CHEVELLE AND 37-MEANS 2 DOOR SPORT COUPE IF IT IS ANYTHING DIFFRENT IT'S NOT A REAL CHEVELLE SS.

that quote

·
Gold Founding Member
64,449 Posts
DON'T MAKE A MISTAKE.IN 1972 THE VIN NUMBER'S CHANGED ON THE CHEVELLE'S WITCH MADE IT DIFFRENT THEN 1968-1971.ALL THE VIN NUMBERS ON 1972 CHEVELLE SS's START WITH 1C37 . 1-MEANS CHEVROLET C-MEANS CHEVELLE AND 37-MEANS 2 DOOR SPORT COUPE IF IT IS ANYTHING DIFFRENT IT'S NOT A REAL CHEVELLE SS.

that quote
I still dont see where you quote the "my 1D37W2B car is a clone" from.

do you know what quote means?

:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
per his quote,
Dean, Dan said ^. He meant per the Ebay seller's quote about 1C37, not his own (Dan's) quote. :) The Spelling and Grammar Police see nothing wrong with that.:p
BillL

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
Dean loves giving me a hard time.

·
Gold Founding Member
64,449 Posts
Dean, Dan said ^. He meant per the Ebay seller's quote about 1C37, not his own (Dan's) quote. :) The Spelling and Grammar Police see nothing wrong with that.:p
BillL
Dean loves giving me a hard time.
naa, I'm just easily confused ..SORRY :D

I thought "per his quote" meant per HIS quote and couldn't find where HE said it.
actually, I still don't get it, but that's OK
:confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,538 Posts
Well is someone going to straighten him out? His matching #'s 350 SS came from the factory with a 307??
Maybe thats why I don't see any pics of the dash.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
I decided to ask the seller about the VIN discrepancy, and when I clicked the Ask a question button, this was at the top of the screen

Note: The user you are contacting is registered on another eBay site and may speak a different language. Your message will be sent exactly as typed below.

Seems rather strange to me when the car is supposedly in Florida:D

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Did anyone happen to notice this statement in the Seller's Payment instructions?

"Not responsible for authenticity or genuineness of this vehicle."

Now why would you say then when you are touting this TRUE DOCUMENTED SS. hmmmmmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
COMES WITH DOCUMENTATION
ALL NUMBER MATCHING
If thats the case. I would like to see these documents and block stampings. This is shaping up to look like someone is attempting to sell a fake car. Wonder if those bidders are aware of this. Providing they are not shill bidders, driving the bid up for the guy.

Did anyone notice those seats are 67-68 seats? Not that there isnt anything wrong with that, they look just fine in that car. They are obviously not correct for a car thats supposed to be original.

:sad:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts