Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! My middle-schooler is selling subscriptions for his school fund raiser. Now, I know you all want to send me money, but I'm not asking for that. I want to subscribe to a good source for my "hobby" (it's not an obsession, yet!
), and I want to know what you all read. What's good, what isn't, etc.

Thanks!!!

------------------
Cecil Hawkins
San Diego, CA
1971 GMC Sprint
The Project
All I need is time...and some $$$
"Tourist, go home! And take someone with you!"

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Car Craft, Chevy High Performance,Super Chevy, sometimes Hot Rod, Motor Trend (just for the read) but my new personal favorite is Chevy Rumble...Although I do not know that they offer subscriptions yet. But the mag rocks, great details, lots of good pics, and geared toward those of us that choose not to spend 3 g's on a discbrake swap and are building on a budget.

This list does not include those mags that I keep under my mattress

------------------
'70 SS 396 4spd
TC# 1341

"You're just jealous because the little voices are talking to me"

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Midnight Marauder:
This list does not include those mags that I keep under my mattress

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suspect there are some on this site that do keep Hot Rod (pun intended) or Super Chevy under their mattress!

------------------
Cecil Hawkins
San Diego, CA
1971 GMC Sprint
The Project
All I need is time...and some $$$
"Tourist, go home! And take someone with you!"

·
Premium Member
17,391 Posts
I subscribe to Car Craft, and I like Chevy High Performance...

As for that Chevy Rumble... I am still undecided. I picked up one issue (only one I could find)... It had lots of detail and color photos, but the quality of those photos was horrible, lots of fuzzy pics... And as for: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> and geared toward those of us that choose not to spend 3 g's on a discbrake swap
and are building on a budget.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>...

Did you see that totally outrageous (style, quality and PRICE ($$$) of the Chevy frame and the kit car Nova?) Those are definitely geared for the rich boys...

Its a good magazine and I'll still buy some, but I am not subscribing until I see some improvement in the quality...

------------------
"Once you go RAT, you never go back..."
TC #1366
Tony
1966 SS L78 coupe
1966 SS convertible
1965 Impala convertible
1 wife that has drawn the line...

[This message has been edited by 1966_L78 (edited 09-26-2001).]

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Yeah , you're right about the kit car. I just think as this mag progresses and gets larger it will lead to very good things. I still like CC, CHP, etc. and will always subscribe. I dunno, maybe its just that its new and I liked what I saw and the potential for an outstanding mag. Didnt see the fuzzy pics though, they all looked good to me.

What impressed me was the brake swap article and how detailed it was. Every other swap article I have seen leaves out alot. They documented everything with pics, and that helps out the beginners like me. I think this mag will only get better, but theres always gonna be a spot on my coffe table for CC and CHP on my coffee table. Heck, I grab em all anyway just for the read. Always something somewhere that gave me insight.

------------------
'70 SS 396 4spd
TC# 1341

·
Registered
49 Posts
I like CHP as well and Rod and Custom. I tried to get Chevy Rumble with the school kids but they did not have it yet. Maybe next year!!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Butch Johnson:
I like CHP as well and Rod and Custom. I tried to get Chevy Rumble with the school kids but they did not have it yet. Maybe next year!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I dont know that they even offer them yet. Your local stand should carry it, if'n you just wanted to check it out.

------------------
'70 SS 396 4spd
TC# 1341

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I haven't seen the Chevy Rumble mag here in the great white North (~39ºF this morning, BTW). Have any other CanEHdians got a copy of this yet?

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Car Craft #1,Chevy High Performance,Chevy Rumble,and Super Chevy til the subscription runs out,will stay with CC and Chevy Rumble, DZauto posted the phone number for CR,now that the search mode is back you may be able to find it,searching under posts by DZ or CHevy Rumble
....edit: I found the number-877-267-0388,its 14.99 a year and its bi-monthly

[This message has been edited by Rapid Robert (edited 09-26-2001).]

G

·
Actually I do get Super Chevy and Chevy High Performance. Regarding Chevy Rumble I have never seen it here in the Heartland area.

Don't hit me but Chevytalk has it on there website under [email protected] on the Chevytalk main web page. I think it also allows you to access a Chevy Rumble online subscription page. Pretty nice idea for introducing news magazines to Chevy fans. But, I we have our own Magazine!

Dwaine
66SS

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The A.C.E.S. mag Chevelle World,

Car Craft,

Hot Rod (Now with former CC Editor)

Chevy Hi-Perf.(Even though J. Smith is a small block head)
Muscle Car Review (Heard thats going away)
Bummer Bummer Grumble Grumble.

------------------
They say I'm crazy, but I have a good time.
68 SS-396/68 Corvette

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
CHEVY HI-PERF, HOT ROD, CHEVY RUMBLE (just subscribed), CHEVELLE WORLD, NCRS RESTORER (National Corvette Restorers Society).
I have not renewed Super Chevy.
I have not renewed Vette Vues.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
My personal favorite has one of our on TC'ers on its staff and that is Car Craft. Call me what you want but Dave Freidburger is God in my book! I see he's over at the helm of the Rod mag and I may check that out. But my generation always saw these cars in old fart's garages and never in action out on the street or at the track which in turn never got my wheels turning for one...IMO.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Chevy Rumble...Although I do not know that they offer subscriptions yet. But the mag rocks, great details, lots of good pics, and geared toward those of us that choose not to spend 3 g's on a discbrake swap and are building on a budget.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish someone in my area would stock this mag so I could see what all the fuss is about. It definately seems to be geared towards my way of building a car.

------------------
Does anyone know how to get to Sesame Street?

[This message has been edited by 72SSAbody (edited 09-27-2001).]

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hustler...oops wrong forum

Car Craft, Super Chevy, Chevy High Performance.

Fast Fords and Mustangs (just kiddin).

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hot Rod (Gift Subscription from Dad-In-Law that he renews every year)
Motor Trend (some months I never read it)
National Dragster (even though I'm mad at the NHRA now)

And, just to show how well-rounded I am:
Oudoor Life, AOPA Pilot, Field Artillery Journal (yes there is such a thing)

Paul

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.