Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a chance to pick up a 327 with a TH350 attached. They both need going through, since they've been sitting for a couple of years. The guy was going to put them in his '55 but opted for a big block. The block is a 3858180 and heads are 3917290. I'm just looking for a mild street combination for crusing. I've got another machine ('69 442) if I feel the "need for speed". Is this combination worth while? What's a reasonable offer for the pair? Thanks again in advance, you folks have saved me a lot of extra work in the past.

------------------
Jake
Member#354
66El Camino(In progress)
64 Malibu
Stafford County, VA

·
Registered
13,013 Posts
Remember, if both need rebuilding, all you are purchasing is a core (hopefully with no cracks). For example, the block, all you will reuse is the block, crank and rods ( I'm not talking about all the accessories such as pan, balancer, manifolds, etc). Depending on parts/machine work, it could cost $2000-3000. to rebuild both (if you do the work).

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
167 Posts
You say they need going through because they have been just sitting a couple of years, bu what kind of shape were they in before they were just sitting? In my mind there is a big difference between a once over on what 2 years ago was a good running engine / tranny and a total rebuild of both. What do you know about the condition? Miles? How were they used?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SSteveL,
They were in a GMC carry all, and were running fine when parked. The guy used the truck for work and had rear end problems, so he parked it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you can get the combination cheap enough, it's definitely worth pursuing. $500 would be decent, maybe more, depending on local demand. A 327 is a nice engine.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Jake,
I bought a early 327 (small journal) and a Turbo 400 - just pulled from a running truck for 250 here in Kansas. Of course, the truck had cought fire
- but it does run good. Good Luck, Jeff.

------------------
Got Chevelles?
Jeff Carpenter
65 Malibu Convertible- www.littlecars.com/car1.jpg
67 Elky project- www.littlecars.com/67.JPG
Team Chevelle Gold #61

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.