Team Chevelle banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found in my garage. Any ideas? I can't find any side button seats WITH the headrests...??? Value??
Luggage and bags Bag Gas Metal Baggage
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Premium Member
13,601 Posts
I assume they have plastic backs. Those are 68 seats. I think they are Cutlass but they might be Buick. At any rate that is only the covers as they are 68 A body seats which means everything but the covers are Chevelle,GTO, Lemans, Cutlass, 442, Skylark,GS.
How about a close up pic of the headrest escutcheons?

·
Registered
1969 Chevelle 2 Door Sport Coupe Malibu COPO clone
5,860 Posts
:cool: Late '68 model year GM seats with optional headrests. The seat covers speak American Motors to me (as in ugly).

Value: Cores.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here ya go.
Tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle part
Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Bumper Alloy wheel

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:cool: Late '68 model year GM seats with optional headrests. The seat covers speak American Motors to me (as in ugly).

Value: Cores.
So what are cores worth now a days?

·
Premium Member
13,601 Posts
Actually they could even be Chevelle seats as 68 was the year some Chevelles got Buick/Olds/Pontiac interiors due to a strike (as the story goes). Headrests were an option in 68. The pic of the escutcheons will tell if they are truest 68 headrests as it is possible to add headrests to 68 seats.

Reactions: NickeyChevelle

·
Premium Member
13,601 Posts
Yes those are real 68 headrests and they are complete. I’d say they are worth
$700.00-$1K.

Reactions: Shane 69 Hugger

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you ALL for the info help!! Now to sell em...I can't stand fee-bay!!!

·
Premium Member
13,601 Posts
Thank you ALL for the info help!! Now to sell em...I can't stand fee-bay!!!
They are kind of rare with the headrests so that makes them worth more. You may not realize but buckets seats are a real pain and very expensive to ship. I would not ship them so listing them on eBay would not be an advantage. I’d try Craigslist (prepare to deal with flakes) and maybe here but stress local pickup. Maybe even Facebook.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found in my garage. Any ideas? I can't find any side button seats WITH the headrests...??? Value?? View attachment 726880 View attachment 726881
They are either out of a 1968 Skylark OR a 1968 Chevelle Concours. There were a few 1968 Chevelles that got Buick Skylark or Pontiac interiors due to parts shortages. I have a 68 Chevelle concours with the Skylark interior, and I'm about to convert from bench to buckets with that exact seat minus headrest...

·
Premium Member
Ben Rambow Snohomish, WA
7,656 Posts
Somebody with deep pockets will want them because of the unobtanium headrest stuff.

I'd start at $900 and see what offers come in.
To get top dollar, take off the seat back plastics and take good photos of the inside and under the bottoms, good photos of the headrests (note any cracks or lack there of) pics of those headrest bezels for sure...

Fyi- These seats run about $150 each to ship via UPS, I just sent a pair this fall.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,583 Posts
They are either out of a 1968 Skylark OR a 1968 Chevelle Concours. There were a few 1968 Chevelles that got Buick Skylark or Pontiac interiors due to parts shortages. I have a 68 Chevelle concours with the Skylark interior, and I'm about to convert from bench to buckets with that exact seat minus headrest...
68 Concours was not the only Chevelle to receive B/O/P interiors in 1968. There are documented Malibu coupes and SS's too.

·
Premium Member
1970 El Camino SS396, VortecPro 467, ATI TH400, Moser 12 bolt /TruTrac 3:42, Hedman headers
1,117 Posts
Shipping seats.....price Greyhound/ bus service in your area if you have to ship.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts