Team Chevelle banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to replace horns on '69. The pictures I'd seen on Ebay showed something of a "trumpet" look on bottom (like a Snail Shell).

I just got a pair sent to me that I bought thru the Team Chevelle Want Ads, and they are "flat" on the bottom. He said they were from a '69 Chevelle.

Does anyone have any direct experience with what the original horns were supposed to have looked like?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
I'm pretty sure mine are original, and I'll try to describe them (difficult to take a picture, I might try later):

They are "snail shell shaped" at the bottom, with a rectangular horn opening, and a dome shape at the top. The bottom (plastic), is riveted to the dome (metal).

They have a piece of flat bar spot welded to the dome as a mount (mounts to the hood latch top plate). This bar is permanently attached, and the plastic horns are made as mirrored left and right units, so they won't interchange between sides.

The wires attach to terminals on the dome.

Inside the opening of the horn, it says "Delco-Remy", and right on top of the opening it says "12v 9000".

Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts