Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a non ss 66 chevelle a couple of months ago. The body appeared to be in good shape with the orginial body panels still in place. The floor and trunk pans appeared to be in good shape as well. My intent was to get the paint redone, upgrade the drive train and supension and make a nice driver out of it. I started to strip the paint and have discovered the roof had been replaced at some point and there are a fair number of dents that were fixed with bondo. Other than that the sheet metal seems to be in good shape so far. I have to decide to what extent I want to go to with this car. Is it worth doing a body off frame type of restoration or should I just have the body and paint work done? I have a built sb and 700r4 that could go into the car. Would putting a bb in and making it a SS clone increase its value enough to justify the cost?
Thanks,
Charlie

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
i say big block the ole girl and make her a nice clone!! makes its worth more than a small block car!!..25k is average for a good bbc clone car

·
Premium Member
8,038 Posts
Welcome Charlie...
Since you've got the SB and trans. Drop it in and spend the money on the resto..

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the advice. I decided to get the restoration done well and use the drive train things I have. Its always good to leave something for later, right? A bb could come at any time down the road. I am really enjoying the site and all of the great information that is available here. This is my first build and there is nothing better than asking someone that has already done something for their insight on a project.
Charlie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts