Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to buy a digital video camera that records to hard drive. There are so many, and I wondered if anybody has had luck with a certain brand. Also what brands to stay away from.

I want something for under $500. I know that's not enough for a high end camera, but all I want is something for home movies and outdoor activities.

Any other tips for what to look for would be great. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
I was looking at them a month ago. Didn't buy one, couldn't decide. I went and looked around at what was available locally, and wrote down model numbers to research and compare online. For some reason, I don't think reading reviews for stuff like that is really subjective, as most people won't take the time to write one up if they're satisfied with it. They do seem to find time to write negative comments if they don't like something about it, though. So I'd look more towards the models that have been out for a few months, that don't have as many reviews as similar models, and take a closer look at them. ;)

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
one item I'll offer up ..... what ever make brand you decide on get one the takes Normal easy to buy battery's !!! 4 packs of AA may cost you more in the long run BUT you won't get stuck without batterys at Disneyland / the Sisters Wedding !!! My 2 cts

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
one item I'll offer up ..... what ever make brand you decide on get one the takes Normal easy to buy battery's !!! 4 packs of AA may cost you more in the long run BUT you won't get stuck without batterys at Disneyland / the Sisters Wedding !!! My 2 cts
Mine.. I posted one for sale a while back. I paid over $900.00 for it.. Check it out in the members for sale..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts