Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to a local beach with a few friends and a case of beer and shot off about $300 worth of fireworks.Nothin special...Kept the Chevelle at home safe.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Ls6 guys gettin together eh!?!?! Happy New Years guys only Hawaii is left!!! Black LS6 my thoughts exactly!!!! I sure wished my mom still had her prostreet 67 camaro that woulda been frothy!!! Oh well, settled for my buddies 72 pickup laying some rubber in front of my house! And my neighborhood was throwing a block party!!!! They cheered him on!!!!!!!!

------------------
Steve
64SS-327-4spd-sold to Original owner!
65 Malibu 283/PG!!!
My 65's Homepage
Team Chevelle Member #71

·
Registered
46 Posts
pulled the matress out of my room and laid it on the livingroom floor , then my two kids and i watched some of the three stooges marathon on tv . some of the finer shows of the last century

------------------

·
Registered
111 Posts
There was a lot of small arms fire in the neighborhood last night, alond with fireworks. I didn't hear the ambulance so all went well. I heard dirtbikes and 4-wheelers up and down the street. I thought about breaking out the big-block and showin them how to do a smokey burnout. My luck the law would come around the corner. Everybody seems to be resting now, all's quiet. Happy Y2K to everyone!
Rick...

·
Registered
23 Posts
My friends and I were at Disneyland until 3 o'clock, we had a blast. Happy New Year!

------------------
Brian R
'69 Malibu Coupe

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
we were on the road
almost home, but all the other cars were flashing lights, honking horns and damn there were fireworks all around us Best show we ever saw...... driving thru what looked like a war zone COOL

------------------
members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/chevelle9.jpg members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/350.jpg
John Krenn
1970 malibu SS look-a-like well kinda
307/200-4r (soon to be 355)

Ft.Worth, Tx

·
Registered
12,948 Posts
Went over to my cousin's (like a brother), pigged out, consumed a magnum of Reunite Lambrusco (by myself, I love it) a glass of bubbly at the stroke, let my wife drive home (had to), passed 2 Okla hiway troopers, pulled up to the garage and discovered one headlight on the 70 conv was out. Glad I didn't drive!

HEY! You guys keep the noise down! Oh, my head.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Gold Founding Member
166 Posts
Went out on a small cruise ship with my girlfriend, Angella, for dinner, dancing and watched the fireworks at the Space Needle at midnight. Had a great time
and my head dosen't hurt much this morning.

------------------
Larry
Gold Member #245
Seattle WA

·
Registered
48 Posts
do you guys have to type so hard? oh my head, hey Rick i was thinking the same, only one small problem you know what that is! also, sure glad i didn't go out and buy a generator, and 6 months supply of freezed dryed food.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I spent all day geting my motor ready to fire off and about 530pm just at dusk broke engine in open headers then partyed all night to celebrate the success.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm a Military Police captain in the Army National Guard. I was on duty last night with my troops guarding state headquarters. I didn't really mind, it was the first New Year I was awake for in years.

------------------
Dave
TC Member #281 (Gold)

·
Registered
255 Posts
I also had to work. Worst part was all of upper management calling in individually and asking the same silly question. But thats OK cause it's all overtime to me.. Happy New Year everyone. Dave

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ditto the small arms fire, and lots "o" fireworks!

Stayed in, chickened out and turned off the 'puter about 15 til. Waited for the lights to go out or somethin', then about 15 after... ZZZZZZ

This thing came on normal today, though it's weird to see 1/1/00.

Dave H.
Houston, TX
Doggone it, another year!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sat at home all nite waiting for my pager to go off (On Call)
Pager went off about 5:00 A.M. some drunk hit three pole throwing him and his buddy out of the car (both lived so I was told). Got caught up on a bunch of old post.

------------------
Tom
Belleville, IL
67SS Yellow right now

Member #409

[This message has been edited by Madmax (edited 01-01-2000).]

·
Registered
41 Posts
after leaving work at 6:30 I went home
and put the top down on my 66 ragtop
and went for a 40 mile blast with the
top down (40 degrees outside) at speeds
up to 105-110 with oldies blasting on the stereo.That's how I wanted to
celebrate the new millenium and blow out
the old one. Then I went home and joined
my family and all my neighbors at my house and did the obligatory upper middle class
respectable thing and stayed inside and
safe at the turn of the century.But I know that I ended the century my way........... chevelles rock........in any century!!!!!
ray

------------------

·
Registered
77 Posts
We went on a cruise up the coast at about 9pm until 10:30. Went to downtown Santa Cruz with friends until 11:15. Came home had about 30 people over then the evening went something like this...

Three shots
Two six packs of Corona
Six Budwieser beer bongs
One Sam Adams keg stand
One six pack of Sam Adams Cream Stout
Two glasses of Champagne...
One hour of yuking
Two hours of dry heeving

Went to bed at 7am woke up 15 minutes ago (NO HANGOVER!!!).
It was a great new years, probably the best i've ever had...since im only 20 that doesnt say much. Hopefully everything we all have a great future to look forward to.
Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
150 Posts
A bunch of neighbors got together in my next door neighbor's garage to play cards, darts, etc. About 3/4 of a case of Bud was filtered through my kidneys, along with some bubbly at the stroke, and a few swigs of blackberry brandy. Lit off a few bottle rockets, then noticed our new neighbors across the street were up (they moved in Dec. 20) so three of us drunks went over to invite them to join us (they looked pissed). Went back to drink some more, then the wife & I stumbled home at 4:30 AM, went to bed, got woken up by my brother's phone call @ 10:30 AM, so got up, downed a Diet Coke in 3 gulps, took some headache pills, lazed around all day.

------------------
70 & 1/2 RS Camaro
SB406 & M20 4spd
9" Rear
70 Malibu
SB350 & TH400

Gold Member # 103
Driveline Technician

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
New York strip steak at Tony Roma's; movies; went and got some ice cream, rented some more movies and did some tequila shots at midnight.

R

·
0 Posts
Wife had to work. She's a nurse.

Kids pooped out by 11:30.

Cracked open a MGD, sat out on my front porch, listened to fireworks, gunfire, horns, and yelling all celebrating 2000. Then I went back inside and watched "It's a Bundyful Life" and went to sleep!

Rick

------------------
'69 SS 396 L78
'81 GMC Caballero 4 speed
Team Chevelle Gold Member #152
ACES #560
NCOA #2615
www.clark.net/pub/chevelle/jun99.htm

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.