Team Chevelle banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a 69 396 4 speed car for my wife and i would like to paint it back to lemans blue but she dodnt like that color. my questions is if i ever sell the car will that effect the price? i dont have the build sheet on the car but it is a factory 4 speed car that has front disk brakes and a 396 (non matching) and a 12 bolt.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Larry, color does affect price. Since the car is a non matching, paint it whatever your wife likes, as long as it's not some far out color. What color does she want?

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,756 Posts
I bet the reduction of value, if any, will be a lot less than the misery of every day being told about it. The key to getting along is getting along.

In the cattle business here in Texas we have a cow called a F1. She is half Brahman and the meanest bitch in the state . You do not drive her anywhere but she can be tricked in the lot. Let her have her way and she will make you money. Women and cars are that way. You are already ahead of the game as your wife is interested in the car. Let her have her way a little bit and you can usually get "permission' to do as you please.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
This has to be the easyist question I have heard in a long time. That car needs to be painted HER favorite color. The "value" of the car on the street couldn't be more irrelevant. It's the value of the car to her that counts. Slam dunk and done!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
That car looks good Le mans blue. Tell her the painter was done before you could tell him what to change it to.:D Use this as an excuse to get another chevelle and she can paint her's what ever color she wants.:yes:

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
If you bought the car for her, then paint it the color she wants. I would try to see if she likes a color that was offered for the '69 model year.

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
Larry, the first question is, what color does she like? If you can get her to like/pick a popular stock '69 color you should be safe. If she's leaning toward some God awful metallic flaming Pink, I think you need to steer her in another direction. Cars seem to suffer down the road if you should need to sell and you have a less than desireable color.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea she just wants a normal color she is leaning toward cortez silver. she doesnt like ( well not she doesnt like but its not her "favorite color") she doesnt like the orange color also. o did i say it will have a black vinyl. i told her the next car i bought will be hers and take a guess she holding me to it go figure....lol shes already made because i but the muncie back in it. if i dont paint it her color i might have to sleep in it..lol

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Those 69's look great in LeMans blue. Have you shown her a picture of a nice finished one? I agree with the rest, paint it a 1969 stock color. How about showing her some pictures of Chevelles with the WRONG colors on them. Find some 80's pink and purple stuff with graphics. Show her all the awful Chevelles you can and then leave that nice LeMans blue one in the same stack.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
It is great when wives are involved, makes life easier. Let her decide the color, it will give her a sense of ownership and pride.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
yea im trying to convince here lemans blue with a black top would look great. she not sure yet

Personally, I thinkt that is one of the sharpest 69 color combos out there. A good friend of mine had a Le Mans blue/black vinyl 69 SS back in the 80's. That was a very sharp car!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts