Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased a 70 chevelle and can't decide what color to paint it. i was thinking about black with red stripes but I can't find a pic of one anywhere. i just don't want a red or blue one.i know they aren't but it seems like everyone i see is blue or red.

------------------
I think my beer drinking team has a racing problem!

·
Registered
7 Posts
DEFINETLY black with red. Thats what I want too. For a good view of one rent the movie "The Faculty" and they have a black with red, Im pretty sure its a chevelle,havent seen it in awhile. But black with red looks sick.

·
Registered
834 Posts
If you want a color that will be "different" from the norm, but still really cool and eye catching, go green. There are not many old green cars, and our chevelles wear a dark green very well! Check out my web page if you want, you probly already guessed that mine is green!

------------------
Chris Dagenais
'71 Malibu with a home built 454!
"Our balls are bigger :)"
My Page

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Just two things about black. It had better be straight. ALL flaws show up 10 times easier with a good smooth black paint job. And, if you go with black, use a single stage straight black, not Base coat /clear coat. The single stage looks much deeper and blacker and is easier to repair.

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Actually, a great combo is black with hugger orange stripes. Carparts.com gave away a Chevelle with that scheme a year or two ago and it was a good looking ride

------------------
1971 Chevelle w/ 402 Big Block and TH350
SS "RepliCar"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the car was originally a light green but was repained black at some point. the reason i figured black was so i wouldn't have to re do all the door jams and stuff so it would look right. by the way tony.....wanna trade??? no need to answer right away...ha ha .....that is one beautiful ride.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
You know, one color I've never seen one a chevelle, but I bet it would look cool on a 70-72 body style is lime green with black stripes. Sort of like the color Mopar used. Something to think about, and I think that would stand out a bit

------------------
Mac Johnson
1970 Chevelle (frame-up in progress)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I really dig Wes Colby's color scheme: white with red stripes, I think. That Hugger Orange is beautiful, too. One night my friends and I pulled up the available colors for 1970 and put together color/stripe combos.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey driverfromtaft.....where did you pull up the colors at? is there a web site?

·
Registered
64 Posts
bright bright yellow, and black racing stripes. you gotta have your baby stand out! (and look like a bee) use the 70's corvette yellow, very nice color i see it everyday on my bro's vette (no stripes on his though)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.