Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 71 El Camino.
Exterior color is burnt orange with white vinyl top. The interior is standard Sandalwood interior. The problem is the previous owner removed the orginal carpet and replaced it with household carpet. Now I want to replace that with the correct color. I'm thinking it's brown or tan but don't know for sure... Thanks for your help!

------------------
- John -
69 Z/28
69 Z11
71 El Camino (daily driver) 350/270hp
Camaro Generations Member
WCA Member

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's been a while, but under the seat should be a build sheet, also behind the door...I think they have the carpet color on them. Anyway I have a 72 Mohave Gold El Camino that has tan interior and black carpet. It also has a tan vinyl top. Hope that helps a little.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
My '71 Malibu exterior color was originally burnt orange/white top and sandalwood (off-white) interior. Original carpet was sort of a brownish color (don't know actual name of color) as is the dashpad as well. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Super 70 are you sure your interior wasnt Bone ,which is an off white. If you take a look at Dan Carrs Sprint he's got excellent pics of a Sandalwood interior. I followed his lead with the Sandalwood color My dash and console were repainted with a tan color a few shades darker than the carpet

------------------
Philip Mullaly
72 TPI El Camino
You can never fix a Ford,You can only work on them alot.
70 442
The Z-meano
Cowl induction injection

1 - 6 of 6 Posts