Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I remember the late 70's early 80's olds 442 had 307 motors. I believe they were oldsmobile motors because chevy had the 305 and stopped making the 307 back in the early 70's, 71 I think!! May have a Q-jet on it, tuned for emmissions not performance. If the headlights are round I suppose you can use them !!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Front discs maybe, but you might have to swap upper control arms. There's an account of a disc brake conversion in the wheel and brake forum. He used the set up from an Impala. I'm not sure if the Impala and LeSabre brakes are similar. But I'm sure it's worth checking into. I can't think of much else. If it still has the old style A/C compressor (the long one called the A6), you can use it.

[This message has been edited by Randy Mosier (edited 07-15-2001).]

·
Registered
120 Posts
The radiator cap!

BTW...if it is an Olds 307, RUN, don't walk, away from that roach. It's gotta be THE SINGLE WORST v-8 engine I've ever had the misfortune to operate. Won't get outta it's own way, horrible mileage, and miles of vaccum lines. Truly a piece of crap.

If anybody knows how to mod that 307y Foldsmobile mill, please let me know.

[This message has been edited by Walter Zoomie (edited 07-15-2001).]

·
Registered
274 Posts
window cranks
hose clamps
light bulbs
might be a few other parts, not to mention that it would make a great boat anchor.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Electric trunk release, trim screws, map light mirror, horns, wiper motor, over flow can. Just possible that some of theses MIGHT fit!

------------------
Tom Donaldson
71' GMC Sprint

·
Registered
100 Posts
My first car was a 78' Buick LeSabre. I think I had a V6 in it. Also had an 8-track player..Cool stuff. But it was black and straight and I was SO happy to have it. Ah the memories...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Power door lock motors and relay (in pass. kick panel). Tilt column if you want to stay column shift. Internal regulated alternator, Q-Jet/parts, it is a B-Body so should have correct spindles for tall spindle swap, 11" rear drums (I think), it is a chevy 305 - HEI. Thanks all I can think of...

------------------
Brian

1970 Chevelle Malibu

Sasquatch's Webpage

·
Registered
514 Posts
i think the rear end on those g bodies will fit… I think. but if it only has a 307 the chances of it having an 8.5 inch rear or even a posi are slim to none…

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.