Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want a good detailed book about rebuilding and hot rodding 350 chevys. And mabee one on 350/400 turbos too. And where they are sold.
Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
HP Publications have alot of books on engine building/blue printing,transmissions,
hot rods,and such... Check at Amazon.com if you don't have a local bookstore!-Dan

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Chevrolet Small Block V-8 Interchange Manual by David Lewis. This one is good if you want to use old factory parts.

·
Super Moderator
16,021 Posts
"How to Rebuild Your Small Block Chevy" by David Vizard is my bible. It won't tell you much about hot rodding, but it will lead you through how to rebuild the engine. Use other books mentioned above for the hot rodding stuff.

I used this book strictly on my first engine rebuild and with a little advice from my machine shop friends I had no problems. My first engine rebuild took three tries and fired right up. I give a huge amount of credit to Mr. Vizard's book for great advice, clear instructions and step-by-step detail that made it easy to do.

------------------
NCOA member #220
ACES member #1670
Team Chevelle #998
YesterYears Chevys #52949
Rich's 1965 Malibu SS Restoration Project Progress Page
1:18 scale diecast car Detailing by Scooter

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have to "second" the reference for "how to rebuild your Small-Block Chevy"!! I'm not sure if it's been updated for quite some time, but it's a great book with solid advice. Even if you are only interested in high performance engines, it's worth every penny you spend.

Other than that, get all the factory manuals that are available for your year car. This includes the Fisher Body manuals.

------------------
Wes. Vann
Technical Reference section
Gold Member #5

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.