Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv'e heard it's only worth what some one will pay for it , so my question is , How much is it worth in a general price range to make a respectable offer. I recently found a 70 chevelle convertible . Its not perfect .350/350 not original engine , Factory air. Small tear in top. NO rust or bondo .stored for the past 3 years. Non SS car. Ive never owned a convertible and would like to use it as a daily driver. Are there any pitfalls to convertibles ? The car was repainted 10 years ago. The red on the hood is as shiney as the inside of the trunk. I htink the tires have flat spotted or it may need some front end work. A lot to digest , thanks for any input....Russ

·
Registered
13,013 Posts
A year ago this month I went up to OH and bought a 70 Malibu (not SS) conv that was originally: 307, 3sp, 3.08 10bolt non posi, ac, pr drum, ps, buckets no console. It had: new paint, repo interior, carpet, top (with 2 boots, blue & white), all weatherstrip, tires, 7in Ralleys/sml caps & rings, converted to saginaw 4sp with console in trunk, the original 307 engine was very tired and used 8qts oil back to Okla, some under body rust but no rust through the outer body. Dual exhaust added, started and drove good. I gave $8400 for it.
I now have installed a fresh, moderately strong SB400, ceramic headers, wide ratio Muncie and Hurst (added the console from the trunk), 12bolt 3.07 posi with 5 out of 6 new bearings, air shocks (for added load of a nice chrome trailer hitch to tow the jet boat), COMPLETE functioning new Cowl Induction hood, factory cruise, and detailed under the hood.
Out of my pocket, not counting labor, I now have $13,400 in it.
Does this help?

I got this car and fixed it up specifically for my wife who has been on my a$$ for 15yrs to get her a conv. I have stalled for as long as I could, hoping she would give up and also waiting for the right car (factory air and 4sp were manditory, she drives a 5sp Honda, so no problem with a 4sp). So, whatever someone will give may be partially correct. I may have more in the car than I should, but it is a very nice car, I like it and she is off my back. THAT HAS TO BE WORTH SOMETHING!

------------------

[This message has been edited by DZAUTO (edited 10-05-99).]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, It' replies like yours that may win my wife over to letting me buy this car. I'm leaving for Korea in three months for my last military assignment before I retire and have to go to work for a living. The owner wants 7500. for the car but will let me have it for 7000. It's a neighbor , So she will keep it stored until I return. Thanks for the response. Russ

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Jees DZ based on that reply you should of bought mine! 70ss396 conv (clone ss but you cant tell, everything is right) built 396 auto 12bolt 3:31 posi pw pl pt buckets console factory tach and guages tilt cowl induction black with black top white stripes and pearl interior, rear view mirror with map light, all normal ss stuff (pwr disks, F41 sway bars, ss wheels, etc) drive anywhere! If someone gives me 15k its gone!

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
55 chevy prostreet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.