Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a 383 stroker kit, I will be going with a voodoo cam, I will also get an airgap intake. My question will have to do with heads.
The car will not be raced, It will be a cruiser. BUt I do want to make 400hp.
so I wass looking at some heads and danm they are $$$$$$$$.
I looked at the jegs mag and seen that they have a couple of heads under theyr name at a good price.

The questions are,

Have any of you guys used a set of jegs heads? and how is the performance? remember Im looking to make 400hp.

next questions

I have a friend with a set of aluminum mid 80's corvette heads with roller rockers fully assembled for $200. ARE THEY WORTH IT? and does any one know if they have 64cc chambers?

Thanks in advance,

· Registered
1,060 Posts
A 383 should make 400hp with stock Vortec heads, its just bearly over 1hp per cubic inch. Most aftermarket headed 383s (with mild hyd. cams) will make around 450hp pretty easy, so you can make 450-500hp pretty easy depending on your rpm band and cam choice. Also the Jegs heads are the Canfields - very good heads.

· Registered
62 Posts
I agee, a set of Vortec's will get you into the 400 HP range. You can get a set of heads ( up graded for up to .525 lift), head gaskets, head bolts, edelbrock airgap manifold, intake gaskets and 12 point intake bolts. Part number SD8060AAG (go to www.sdpc2000.com for current price) for about $ 949.95. Then add the Comp Cams 274H cam. Chevy High Performance dynoed a combo like this and got 430 HP @ 5300 and 489 ft. lb @ 3900 (469 @3300). This would be a great engine. Good Luck.

· Registered
1,350 Posts

· Registered
523 Posts
yes they are 58cc. decent heads but i bet the iron vortecs will out flow them. port the vortecs and you will be amazed. look up porting vortecs on yahoo search engine and look for carcraft article. They had killer flow numbers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts