Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.....I cant find a local place that has any selection or a clue
You guys know of a good mail order/online place to buy wire, switches, relays ect. For an auto application?

Just wondering if you guys had good luck with anyone.....thanks

Philip

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Depends what you are looking for. Are these general items for an add-on or a project? If so, there's J.C. Whitney, Tyco Electronics, Digikey off the top of my head.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bulk wire. Relays(for my fan install and some other lighting and stuff) Assorted switches to turn all the gadgets on. Led indicator lights. All a bunch of custom wiring stuff for my new dash. The radioshack guy said we dont have it here but you can order it online or find it online and we can have it shipped here....gee budy thanks for the help
. One would think radio shack would have more than cheap rc cars and cell phones. I wish there was a deecent store here that I could go to and get all the little specialty stuff and get some good advice.

Thanks John, I'll see what they have

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
For bulk wire, my friend just got some from Painless. www.painlesswiring.com They have bulk wire, $50 for a set of 14 different colors, your choice of 14 or 16 guage. 14ga you get 25 feet each, and 16ga, I think you get 35 feet each color. Its a little pricey, but if you count the number of stores I went to to get a selection of wire, its well worth it.

For LEDs try www.theledlight.com Scroll down and look at replacement bulbs. They have some 12v bulbs, and some cool looking leds that replace regular 1156 and 1157 bulbs.

The best place for switches I found was my local non-chain auto parts store. They have a nice selection of 10 to 30 amp metal toggle switches. Radio shack usually only has 3 amp plactic switches in stock. Yeah, they can order other ones, but I like to walk into a store and walk out with what I need.

Good luck!

chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts