Chevelles.com banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after 13 years of ownership I passed the keys over to a new owner :frown2:. being on this site all these years has been great :thumbsup:. I've appreciated all the help & advice I received from knowledgeable members. I'll probably stay on for a while so I can keep reading all the post. who knows I may have learned a few things & can help with one or two. pretty sure this old fart is done with muscle cars for a while, but never say never. thank you.
hmardown

Attachments

·
Registered
14,547 Posts
it's sad to see them go, but never say your done with cars. these things aren't just cars, they are a way of life. few weeks without one and a good deal pops up, one will be following you home. jim

·
Premium Member
6,877 Posts
It’s a beautiful El Camino. I hope the new owner has the same appreciation for a fine classic vehicle that you have. I have big framed posters of my past favorite cars that I look at when feeling nostalgic. I hope you stick around as Team Chevelle, to some members, is a more like a brotherhood than a car oriented website.

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim i hear you.

Alan, I to hope the new owner has the same appreciation for it as I did. when I took Him for a quick ride around the block He did seem to enjoy the loud pedal. with all the pics I sent this guy He did say the car looked better when standing next to it. thanks
hmardown

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Yes, it is very hard to see them go, Carlo. I can fondly remember my '65 SS Malibu, which I sold in '01. Hopefully you buy another at some point.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Carlo, old cars are in our blood. Every time you see the empty space were the El Camino was parked you will be thinking of filling it with another old car, maybe another El Camino. This happened to me every time I sold one.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I'm curious how you advertised the car ( craigslist, eBay, etc) as I am thinking of selling one of my Chevelles to finance something else.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
How long did you own it and why did you decide to sell it. In a year or two you will be looking at other El Camino's up for sale and be saying to yourself I gave mine away. Most of my toys I owned for about 5 years before I decided to move onto something else. I was just thinking the other day the car I owned the longest was my 69 base Camaro which I owned for 15 years and it's already been another 15 years since I sold it. Boy how time flies. After the Camaro I went the route of some of the newer versions of Muscle Cars but came back to the old stuff again. My current car will be my last have owned it for 6 years now but you do reach the point in your life where working on cars isn't what it was when you were younger. I have found if your a true car nut once it's in your blood it's there till the day you die.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Carlo remember, it's not just the cars themselves but the people who have them and have fixed, nursed, rebuilt, loved etc that really make this hobby work. Hang around, at least for a while. You never know what lurks around the next bend....

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm curious how you advertised the car ( craigslist, eBay, etc) as I am thinking of selling one of my Chevelles to finance something else.
Eric
first I tried craigslist but only got one response(from some nut). then i went with ebay. first i tried a auction with a reserve(which they charge for $40-). then i went with buy it now a buy it now price with a make an offer option. you seem to reach a lot more people with ebay.

HKlain
I owned it for 13 years. I sold it cause I'm getting to dam old to be rolling around the floor. I use to climb under the car with my phone to takes pics. lately I've taken my phone so I could call my wife to help get me out from under the car :grin2:.
hmardown

·
5,856 Posts
Alan, I to hope the new owner has the same appreciation for it as I did. when I took Him for a quick ride around the block He did seem to enjoy the loud pedal. with all the pics I sent this guy He did say the car looked better when standing next to it. thanks
Does the new owner know about this site? Where did the car go to?

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
HKlain
I owned it for 13 years. I sold it cause I'm getting to dam old to be rolling around the floor. I use to climb under the car with my phone to takes pics. lately I've taken my phone so I could call my wife to help get me out from under the car :grin2:.
hmardown
Believe me being 67 now and very overweight I know where your coming from. I bought my car at the end of 2012 went thru the whole car with the biggest job being doing the whole undercarriage over. In 2015 I got the car on the road and when I look back I doubt I could or would want to do it again. Getting down isn't bad but getting back up is the killer. Good Luck

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Whenever I sold any of my older cars I found listing them in a paper that is in our area called Special Interest Vehicles was where I always sold them. Didn't cost anything to list them and what you sold it for was yours. One of my older Corvettes I sold at a Corvette Auto Show by way of a For Sale sign in the window. After listing my last 69 Camaro in the Special Interest Paper and not getting any takers I tried "Cars Online". Got a lot of calls but nobody who was interested enough to come look at it. I reposted the ad in the Special Interest Vehicles Paper and had a kid call me and say I'm coming to look at it and if I like it and we agree on price I'll have the cash with me and a dealer plate to drive it away. He knew what he was looking at when he checked it over and he drove it away that night. I am not one to lie to a person and explain my car or answer their questions truthfully. I think almost every car I put up for sale the first person that actually came and looked at them bought them. I never really sold junk either. My 66 Chevelle that was my everyday car and crasher for a couple of years ended up going to Alaska from Connecticut and made it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
In 2008 when the economy started to crash...I owed $80,000 on our house...and I had around $80,000 worth of things that I could sell including a 1968 GTO, a 1969 Chevelle 300 Deluxe, a 1995 Firehawk convertible, a 1999 Trans Am 30th WS6 anniversary, a 2000 Trans Am WS6, and a 1972 Chevelle. I sold every one of them, paid off my house, Blazer, and my wifes van. This was 2009, I had no debt of any kind and it was the best feeling in the world. Since then I sold that house, bought a place in the country, which is now recently paid off, and now I am buying cars again. I figure there are hundreds of thousands of cool Musclecars out there, so when someone is ready to get back in, there are way plenty out there.

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
yeah I know how that goes. when you positively, absolutely got to have it. thanks for all the kind words gentlemen.
hmardown

I just stripped myself of my signature :frown2:.

·
Premium Member
8,929 Posts
Sorry to see it go.. Remember your never to old......... I am building a new 3-R Driveshaft for my 70 454 M-22 El Camino. I got the inside snap ring joints in today. The shaft is painted and three new stripes. Plan on changing the yoke & Seal on the rear this week.
Next week plan on sticking some new front pads on the 454 70 Nomad Wgn. & Changing the Anti Freeze (its old).
Gotta keep doing stuff so you can stay " Above Ground ". Yea, I get tired a lot sooner than I use to. I only last about 3-4 hours, Then I quite for the day.
This July 17th, I will be " 78 " !:surprise: I have been a GEESER for many years !:thumbsup:
Bob

1 - 20 of 33 Posts