Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know where I should put this, so I figured general is good enough. Just found out today in order to graduate from HighSchool I have to do a senior research project. I decided to do it on welding and weld up the new exhaust for the 65 myself.(Have to do a 15 page paper, plus present a project where you show what you researched, well I want to lose the single exhaust and plus since its for school my parents may pay for at least half of it!) Well I need webpages good books etc. on a)how to weld and b)the history of welding Any help? I'm kinda excited and even though its not due til early June, I wanna start now!
Thanks in Advance!

------------------
Steve
64SS-327-4spd-sold to Original owner!
65 Malibu 283/PG!!!
www.chevelles.com/showroom/stevedmalibu.jpg
Team Chevelle Member #71

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
contact the American Welding Society. They are in Florida and they probably have a web site. They have run articles in their magazine on the history of welding and may be able to get you copies.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Steve,

Lincoln Welders has a great web site, (try www.lincolnelectric.com) A good book to have is "Welders Handbook" by Richard Finch; less than $20 at your local bookstore (Barnes & Noble etc.) or try Amazon.com. mgg

[This message has been edited by Manny Gomez (edited 09-21-99).]

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the responses, I'll look into it. Also my mom brought up doing it on carbs and rebuild the 2 bbl for the project, do you think this would be an easier adventure?(as far as the rtesearch report?)
TIA!

------------------
Steve
64SS-327-4spd-sold to Original owner!
65 Malibu 283/PG!!!
www.chevelles.com/showroom/stevedmalibu.jpg
Team Chevelle Member #71

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'd go with the welding as there is tons of stuff on the subject. Try your local library, you may be surprised - welding is commonly used, and has been around forever.

------------------
Gotta have a Chevy !In Durham N.C.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.