Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to say thanks for all the advice given from those who know whats what ,, also to those who dont weld ..read all you can in here and read operators manual on your welder ,, it aint that hard!!!! advice given in here is a welder with a rheostat voltage setting , good advice thanks ,, thing is after reading on welding it looks intimidating , to those looking to get into welding mig , get an adjustable voltage setting gas shield set up ,, get some scrap to practice on , burn thru , make some cold ,, play around a bit , you can do it , it really isnt that bad ,, also get an auto dark type helmet ,, im just saying dont be scared of it it really isnt that difficult ,, ok im off to figure out best way to cut rusty metal out and cut patch panels to fit ..

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Yep, once you understand what is happening it becomes really easy to tweak it just right. Every weld can be different, but if you tailor it to what you are trying to do, it becomes really easy.

I made the mistake of not upping the voltage from what a freind told me. As soon I followed my own advice and watch what was happening, my welds starting getting much better., hotter, flatter, splatterfree welds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts