Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this is right place for this question but i wasn't sure where else to put it.

I am going to buy an engine stand but i want one that is strong enought. I see alot of 1000 lbs stands around but wanted to know what yous use and also how much does a fully built bbc weight? right now it will be used for a sbc but in the future i want to get a bbc something or other. thanks alot

------------------
OWNER OF 66 CHEVELLE MALIBU
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Shop/9801/ Check out page dedicated to resto of my chevelle. still being made

·
Registered
138 Posts
The 750 lb ones are ok for the BBC but not very stable. I would recommend getting one that has four casters and 1000 lb rating.

------------------

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
287 Posts
Warning! I bought an engine stand w/ a 1000# rating from Jeg's. When I put my iron headed BBC on it it bent so bad I thought it was going to break. The engine actually started pointing towards the ground. I borrowed my friend's stand and he put his aluminum headed BBC on my stand. The stand is at his house so I can't tell you the name but I wouldn't buy one from Jeg's. I never got around to sending it back so I still have it. Do yourself a favor and stay away from the one in Jeg's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.