Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the weight of a 66 Chevelle floor pans are?
They are 30 X 70. Comes in 2 pieces.
They want $160 shipping (which is almost as much as the panels)...I plan to have my Dad pick them up because he lives near Tamraz. Just want to make sure he can handle the weight.
Thanks for any insight.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/64-67-Chevelle-GTO-Skylark-Cutlass-Inside-Floor-Pans-Pr-/260248238925?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories

I requested the info from the vendor but have not heard back yet.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I just did the floors in my 66, so I picked them up a bunch of times over the last few weeks. Just a guess but Id say they're no more than 25 pounds a side. They're not heavy, but can be a bit awkward to handle cause of their size. Just have one of Tamraz's pickers help him load them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, thanks guys! :hurray:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I use to live by Tamaraz In Illinois, always happy with the products. But now I Live in Washington and haven't been able to find a close by parts dealer to save on shipping costs. Good luck with the floors. He should be fine carrying them

·
Registered
285 Posts
I use to live by Tamaraz In Illinois, always happy with the products. But now I Live in Washington and haven't been able to find a close by parts dealer to save on shipping costs. Good luck with the floors. He should be fine carrying them
I drove there and picked up my floor pans, trunk floor and wheel tubs from them. They had everything in stock. A rarity for them from what I've heard. If they don't have something in stock, I just drive up to The Parts Place. They seem to stock just about everything.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
They weigh hardly anything.Id bet the size and shape is why the cost is high for shipping but id does seem a little excessive.
It's excessive but not out of the norm for Fed EX and UPS. And the vendors may be tacking on a handling fee to that figure. I ship large items. Once the package exceeds a certain dimension, the price triples and weight has little to do with it. Greyhound is over 3 times cheaper than the big boys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts