Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the where I can find the curb weight of a '67 300 Deluxe? Or, for that matter, weights of all '64 to '72 Chevelles? I'm curious as to where ours falls in relation to others. (I realize some of this has to do with options ordered, but I'm lookin' for at least a ballpark figure.)

------------------
Tom H.
Member #259
Indianapolis,IN www.iquest.net/~bharold/chevelle/

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Tom,
I believe the curb weight is in the ball park of 3750 pounds

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Jerry. BTW, I was hangin' with some friends after a gig Saturday night and had given a girl a ride back to the house afterwards. She really dug the car and we were shootin' the **** and I said something about the Chevelle and she says, "Chevelle? You don't have a Chevelle. That's a Malibu!" I said, "Okay, you go outside and look on the hood and tell me what it says. I KNOW what kind of car we have." Folks say the durndest things. She was still way cool. Too bad she has a boyfriend!

------------------
Tom H.
Member #259
Indianapolis,IN www.iquest.net/~bharold/chevelle/

·
Registered
313 Posts
I would guess 3500. My 67SS car weighed in right at 3600 on a truck scale. I think the tank was at least half full. This car had no AC or PS, but did have power discs and 4spd.

As to 68-72, my 70SS, weighed on the same scale, was a 4010. This car had the stock BB, TH400, AC, PS, PB.
jmw

[This message has been edited by jmw (edited 11-29-99).]

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
The curb weight on a 66 EC is supposed to be 3400 lbs wet. I weighted my 67 EC and got 3080 lbs wet. However this was with only one seat, no inner fenders, and no hood or front bumper. No A/C, heater, wipers, PS or PB. I don't know how much all that would add.

------------------
Pat Kelley
66 El Camino, daily driver
67 El Camino, STRIP/street

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.