Chevelles.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Woops, sorry. It just says Weiand 7504. It is the X styled intake like a Team G with no air gap under the runners. The intake is notched at the carb flange for a plennum divider if you wanted to use one. Don't know where I got the Team G from. I guess I have more or less answered my own question as I don't think there were two versions of this intake.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
I had one, I installed it, because it looked cool.
I took it off the next day, because it ran like crap. :D
I had a stock 327.

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
28,966 Posts
generally not a good manifold for a small block in a heavy car.

There was a Holley Strip Dominator that looked similar. It came in a tall and short version. I used the tall version on short track dirt cars, usually 406s. Worked great.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
generally not a good manifold for a small block in a heavy car.

There was a Holley Strip Dominator that looked similar. It came in a tall and short version. I used the tall version on short track dirt cars, usually 406s. Worked great.
I also tried an old Holley street dominator.:D Single planes and El Caminos with stock 327's don't work well.:D

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
28,966 Posts
some things are just ill-fated.

next: some guy will log on and post about how the Team G/Strip Dominator, etc ran like crazy with an 850DP on his 283. :)

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I have one on my 505ci, haven't been able to put the motor in to test it out, it might be a while....looks good though!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had a Weiand 7504 a long time ago on a small block 350. The 7504 I had was a Weiand X-cellerator single plane which had notches in the carb mounting plate that you could place a metal plate (which came with the intake from Weiand) to make it a dual plane. I honestly do not think the manifold you are talking about is the Team G series. It is the X-cellerator series. I am not calling you a liar or trying to stir the pot as I may be wrong. Does your manifold actually say "Team G" anywhere on it? Even on a 3 minute Google search it is showing this manifold as a small block manifold. I see in your signature that you have a big block car.

·
Registered
165 Posts
P.S: Do you think you might have transposed the number of the manifold? There is a big block Chevy rectangle port Team G manifold with the part #7540 is this the one you are talking about?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts