1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
10,967 Posts
As I see it, they had little choice.

IF lead poisoning is so prevalent that the little bit of leaded fuel burned by race cars is likely to cause developmental disabilities in children--as has been claimed...

...then every Government official over the age of 35 or 40 should be required to immediately resign because of mental defect due to lead poisoning from the millions upon millions of cars burning leaded gasoline up to 1975; along with older cars burning leaded gasoline up to the time when leaded fuel was banned in Canada.

Hmmmm. Maybe leaded fuel IS that dangerous--it could explain a lot of bad decisions made by Government officials...

Don't misunderstand me--I'm GLAD that most all vehicles on the road are using unleaded fuel. I'm not starting a one-man campaign to bring back leaded fuel for "ordinary" cars and common useage. But when you've eliminated 99+% of the problem--put your time, money, effort, and enthusiasm into fixing a DIFFERENT problem--don't continue to beat the "99% dead" horse.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
That is great news! Where there any studies done on exposure to people attending these events? Likely not..

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My old man is going to be 80 this year. He's a crotchity old mofo but he's still going strong. Lead fuel didn't hurt him any. Of course I'm going to be 49 this year and I'm totally $%#@ up . Must be the leaded fuel. I remember as a kid, a good time was sniffing exhaust fumes. If you got good at it you could tell the difference from a Chevy to a Mopar or Ford. Ford took a lot of pratice though cuz they would stay running for very long.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
ya baby........
Maybe the strong effort that was made to lobby againt the ban worked.
Thanx to all that made that effort.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts