Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently there was a thread I believe in this forum where the point of the thread was traffic on this site was way down and the site is on the decline. Well today I was searching the archives on a subject and I ran across a post from a former "heavy hitter" on this site several years ago. I hadn't thought about him since he used to be a regular here, so I clicked his user,file to see when the last time he posted. I was surprised to see he visited this site 3 days ago although he last posted in middle of 2013. Maybe he sold his car. Who knows. But he racked up several thousand posts in a couple years and was gone. Maybe he is thinking of returning. After all wouldn't he have had to go though the whole password thing to register as visiting the Site?
The user name of the guy isn't important as he is just one of many that no longer uses the site but just thought I would share as a bit of turn around on the other thread.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
A lot of the older TC members have sold their cars and no longer/very rarely visit TC anymore. Dozens of screen names come to mind.
Myself included...

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I haven't been here in probably 6 months, but I am slowly coming back, mind you I am not in the thousands of like some of you, but I used to be on here every day.

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
I miss "Old Fat Bald guy" "Anthony or "sschevellefan", "Yankeerodder" and hell yea even "Grandsport". Loved mixin it up with them.
Always good to hear from the greats: LevonH, DaleM, Birdwell, RichL79, Wildbill....... and enjoy an occasional scrappy exchange with The #1 Ace MR. Dean Call.

Reactions: blue_69_malibu

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,422 Posts
I must have scared some of them off. I was just recently looking at my friends list at some of the people I either just conversed with a lot or tried to help out on the website. It's amazing how many of them dropped off a little after helping them out.

Reactions: 71'bu

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm always lurking, but I sure would hate to see this site decline.
The knowledge here is incredible.

I have well over 100 subscriptions that I plan on using as reference info when I start my restoration.

·
Registered
20,441 Posts
I'm not in here much anymore because I haven't been working on my Chevelle much at all. I was gone a lot the last few years for work and now that I'm self employed, I don't have the time.

I'll get back to it again

·
Premium Member
12,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andy, do tell. I didnt realize you are now self employed. Last thing I knew some guy tried to drown your crew in the ocean. I assume you are doing the Internet sales thing. Did you ever sell the Buick?

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
I've was more active years ago, than sold Chevelle, moved, retired, found another Chevelle, etc etc... I know there's facebook and alike, but there's so much great help and folks here that it's nice to be back.

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Jeez Ron. We were hoping you were included in the 78,000. :D Just kidding.

No Doubt, there's probably a few......... :secret: :thumbsup:

Reactions: Kirk's67SS

·
Registered
20,441 Posts
Andy, do tell. I didnt realize you are now self employed. Last thing I knew some guy tried to drown your crew in the ocean. I assume you are doing the Internet sales thing. Did you ever sell the Buick?
Yeah, that was in June. I consider myself lucky I'm not dead. That could have gone 100 other ways, many of which did not include all three people making it out of the cabin.

That, and the last three years of me gone 9-10 months took its toll on my kids, so that figured pretty heavily in it.

Plus, the company hired a kid to do the same work, but paid him half what they paid me. That writing was on the wall immediately. The boss became a bigger and bigger dickhead in his quest to get me to quit, so I decide to be a giant pain in the ass until he fired me. I won out, and got a nice exit package which I wouldn't have gotten if I had quit.

The business is going ok and steadily getting bigger. Hopefully I can get it to the point where it replaced the lost income.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I try to stay pretty active on the site while juggling work hours and spending time with my kids. Is the demographic changing around these cars? Possibly, but I am as into them as I've ever been.

I seriously considered acquiring the site years ago, and wish I had...for me a lot of the personality and familiarity went out the window with the new corporate owner. I suppose the ownership change could be coincidental timing with the diminished site participation, but I doubt it.

Whatever happens I will still be working on old musclecars in my garage. I do have to say that having access to so many like-minded folks on TC has made the old car hobby that much more fun and interesting. I consider all of you my friends, and hope the site rebounds and we chalk this up to the crazy economic cycle we've been through over the past 10 years.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts