Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a car that has been shot with epoxy primer and I am trying to think of a way to prolong the time until it will need to be repainted. Has anyone ever waxed a primered car? My primary concern is that It will come out uneven looking. What do you think? Here is the car.

http://www.hotrodders.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Ventura_Rear.JPG

Thanks,
Adam

· Registered
186 Posts
you cant wax primer you will never get it off when it comes time to paint . if its a epoxy paint that should prevent the water from getting though to the metal , it should not rust like a plain primered car would,, but im sure the weather and sun will get though sooner or later

· Registered
2,796 Posts
Just wipe it down with 10W40, it'll prevent rust much better ;)

I hope you aren't serious.........

· Premium Member
6,252 Posts
Waxing primer sounds the same to me the same as waxing the driveway. Why? Primer is not designed to be exposed to weather, it is simply designed to be a binder of paint to metal. There is no pretense of trying to provide protection. A substrate if you will. If you like the flat look, shoot some flat black, quick!

What're you runnin' under the hood of that Ventura II? A small block Chevy or Pontiac power? Oops! I ready the stuff you provided. A BBC!!!

· Premium Member
16,272 Posts
Epoxy will be fine just as it is. If you wax it, you'll end up having to strip it ALL off down to bare metal to get the wax off the surface, and even that may not get it all off. Just wash it like you normally would every once in a while and it will be fine.

· Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I will just leave it alone. It is not giving me any trouble right now. It is just a weekend cruiser so it spends 90% of its life in a garage anyway. It is a BBC as you saw. Below is a pic of the engine.

Thanks,
Adam

· Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will put some flat black on it sometime. I am just finishing up with college now so money is a little tight.

Thanks for the help,
Adam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.