Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put an airgap intake on my motor and now the bypass hose is too short. Evidently, the whole water crossover is now higher. Any hoses that you guys can suggest before I drop 25.00 for a 45* fitting from Performance stainless?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I had the same problem a while back. I took the hose I got from year one or who ever and figured how much longer and went to AZ and the guy let my look through their preformed hoses. I found 1 that was alot longer and just trimmed to fit. cost less than $10 but that was 8 years ago.

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
If your running heater hoses you really don't need the bypass hose.
plug em off.

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Plug it, when I put an aftermarket waterpump on my customer's 502, it didn't have the extra port for both a heater and a by-pass.

Dave

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
I dont run heater hose or bypass ........just ensure you have bypass holes drilled in your thermostat .........godd info onthe Stewart water pump site

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually just found a perfect hose from Autozone. The Autozone part# is 4345 if anybody is interested. Not sure what its for though. I just came back to the computer and now I find that I coulda blocked it....I was actually thinking about that too. The new MR. Gasket t-stat I just bought has a small hole in there to let water out. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
I actually just found a perfect hose from Autozone. The Autozone part# is 4345 if anybody is interested. Not sure what its for though. I just came back to the computer and now I find that I coulda blocked it....I was actually thinking about that too. The new MR. Gasket t-stat I just bought has a small hole in there to let water out. Thanks guys!
Actually Robertshaw has a great drilled t-stat 3 -1/8" holes

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Actually Robertshaw has a great drilled t-stat 3 -1/8" holes
:yes: Plug the bypass. One less hose to worry about. Never been any problem here either...runs cool.

·
Premium Member
9,519 Posts
My t-stat has the 3 1/8 holes and no heater or bypass and all is well also.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
No heater hose or bypass with 1/8 thermostat hole works great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts