Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a Edelbrock Performer RPM intake on my 350. I have a chrome waterneck with the 45 degree angle. The hole for the temp sending unit is directly below the opening of the water neck. The radiator hose rubs into the sending unit and wire. Should I use the older style straight water neck? Is there a shorter temp sender that I can use? Please help.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
I would probably throw the chrome water neck away,,,they always leak...and I would use the sending unit that you have,since it is the correct one for the guage that you are using

------------------
Bob West
1972 Malibu 454+.030
350 turbo-3.73's
[email protected] 1000ft.track
[email protected] mph 1/8th mile

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Johnny. If my memory serves correct, there are 2 plugs on the front of that intake, above #1 and #3 cylinders, that could be used for a crossover. If this is the case with your intake, you could use these holes. They are the same thread size. Gotta agree with Rapid Robert on the chrome neck. Except before you toss it, bust it to pieces so some other poor sob does not find it and put it on his car!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.