Chevelles.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife came home tonight to find me using our comforter as a fender cover. Hey, paint is expensive!

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
My wife came home tonight to find me using our comforter as a fender cover. Hey, paint is expensive!
You need to finish your projects a bit earlier.

Find a cheap used comforter at a garage sale, flea market or thrift store (Goodwill) and use that when working on your car.

Steve R

·
Registered
160 Posts
My wife told me it was bad to use our oven for powder coating....I listened to her.

The problem with designing something completely foolproof, is you underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

72 Chevelle Malibu 327/350 Restomod
57 Chevy Bel Air 283/Powerglide
96 Ford Ranger (aka Truck Norris)

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
At least she didn't catch you using the dishwasher to clean parts. Jim
BTDT.....always try to get it done before she gets home from work.

Although once I got busy with something else and forgot they were in there. She called from the house out to the shop and asked why there were doggie hubcaps in the dishwasher.....:surprise:

·
Premium Member
'66 Aztec Bronze
1,313 Posts
When she brings your pillow out to you too you'll know the answer. :D
LOL - Good One, HK!

If you need a good temporary place to store car parts without getting them knocked around; try under you bed. It could take a LONG time before they are found!

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
LOL - Good One, HK!

If you need a good temporary place to store car parts without getting them knocked around; try under you bed. It could take a LONG time before they are found!
When I did a frame off on a Corvette I owned I dedicated a spare bedroom to parts that were cleaned, sandblasted and painted. :D

·
Registered
814 Posts
One time, I needed a drop cloth and didn't have time to go out and buy one. There was a blanket that had been sitting in the basement for about 2 1/2 years...perfect! A couple months later my wife saw it in the garage. She would have never noticed it was gone if she didn't see it, but apparently it was a bad idea. That was about a year ago and I still hear about it from time to time.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
My wife told me it was bad to use our oven for powder coating....I listened to her.
Been there done that, baking paint on an intake, but she caught me in the middle of the bake cycle. lol

Reactions: db11020

·
Premium Member
17,409 Posts
I remember a friend (actually the brother of my girlfriend. We were working on his car, but it was hard to see with no lights (no drop light)... He grabbed a lamp out of the living room , removed the shade, and brought that out to the garage... His mother was NOT amused when she got home...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Funny how they get mad at using the house for working on cars, but when the towels get old, magically they are good enough for shop rags......

The problem with designing something completely foolproof, is you underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

72 Chevelle Malibu 327/350 Restomod
57 Chevy Bel Air 283/Powerglide
96 Ford Ranger (aka Truck Norris)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
It's important to do this kind of stuff. So when you are looking for a new house or building a shop, you can remind your wife about why you need such a big garage or shop.

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Ate er sevun yeer ago ah did sumpin rong ah didun git cawt. After dat ah dun maid a habbit uv it. Shore is funn >:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts