Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to introduce ourselves. I am Bruce Toelle, and we are,Performance Transmissions. We are known for our meticulousness and our 2004r's,However, we do build all GM transmssions with the utmost in quality,workmanship,and good old,great customer service and tech.
This is not an ad but an introduction to those who do not know us, and hello, to those of you who do. I'm known as WE4 and I
moderate
the transmission forum at Turbobuick.com, which is one of the most informative trans forums on the net, I'm told. I take the time to get back to each and every person who calls and in a timely manner. (24 hrs at most) As far as posting, it is very hard to find the time every day, so I am a little slow with that. (I do answer all in TB every night). Our customer service can't be beat, as I invite you to ask anyone who has dealt with us. If you call and leave a name, number and time you can be reached, I will see to it, personally, that all are returned. We also specialize in sales and service of 84 -87 Turbo Regals as Northern California Turbo Buicks.
So for tech and problem solving ,feel free to call, email or visit us at WWW.PTSNCTB.COM
Thank you all , as we have alot to offer you.

Bruce
WE4 www.ptsnctb.com

------------------
Performance Transmissions
www.ptsnctb.com
WE4 on irc and turbobuick.com(moderator)
WE GOT THE 2004R PARTS!!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Welcome to the board. If your customer service is as you say it is I commend you for running your "railroad" in a most "customercentric" (new business buzz word) fashion. If there is anything that iritates me more than a business that doesn't return my calls, I can't think of it right now. I tried to set-up a chasis dyno tune from a shop in Detroit and it took the owner 4 days to return my call the first time. After a week the second time I called him back and managed to actually talk to him instead of his answering machine. We had a brief discussion about when the first Saturday that would be available and he said he had to clarify something on an appointment already scheduled for a Saturday in a few weeks and he would call me back. This was 3 weeks ago and still no call. I don't think he will call but if he does, well, I think I may have to lecture him on the principle of "Customercentric" and tell him I am not interested in spending my $$$ with him anymore.

Mytmouse

------------------
67 SS396 350HP 4 sp 3:55 Posi Butternut Yellow w/Black Vinyl
68 RS Z/28 302 350+Hp? 4sp 4:10 Posi, Euro Red on Black
70 SS396 350HP 4 sp 3:55 Posi, Black on Black

Mytmouse A.K.A. Robert Stacho
ACES Member # 04359

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Welcome to the board, those of us that post on the Camaros.net board are familiar with your username.

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
A.C.E.S.#3731
there is only one way to fail, and thats to quit.
Maryland Chevelle Club
MCC-ACES NORTHEAST REGIONALS

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
It would still be conveniently located to me IF I still lived in Rancho Cordova, but alas I'm now in Alabama.... Still I'm of a mind to get rid of this PG and go the 200r4 soon and am not wanting a "ho hum" tranny found in a wrecking yard or donor car. Will have to give a call soon and get some specs.

------------------
'65 Maliblue 406SBC/PG TC #811
'94 Camaro 1LE (original owner)
'97 HD Softtail Springer

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Bruce, if you could, give us a quick rundown on the differences between the 2004R, the 700R4, the 4L60, and 4L80. And in your opinion, which would give you the most bang for the buck behind, say, a mildly built 454 with a rear end ratio in the mid threes.?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Welcome. Where are you guys located (which part of Sac), I have a few trannys and I need some help/advice. Do you deal with getting hard to find parts (like for Powerglides with/without rear pump, and TH350 ?)? I also race out at All American Speedway in Roseville, and I am looking for some good tranny spots. This is one of the Best sites on the net for info, there is a ton knowledge at this sight.

Thanks
Dave

------------------
383 SBC 69 Chevelle 410HP/500Ft.lbs
Citrus Heights, CA
Team Chevelle Member #1070
http://www.x86Racing.com (Daves Pics)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Randy Mosier:
Bruce, if you could, give us a quick rundown on the differences between the 2004R, the 700R4, the 4L60, and 4L80. And in your opinion, which would give you the most bang for the buck behind, say, a mildly built 454 with a rear end ratio in the mid threes.? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Randy we could proboly debate this for hours but I would rule out the 4L80E for weight and expense. I would rule out the 4l60E due to fussyness and expense. I would say depending on what your looking to get out of it the 700 or the 200 would be your opts. Now, from here I'm a little bias, as you probobly know ,but both would withstand your expectations. However the 2004r could always be asked more of as the 700 is at about its limit with your application. Hope this is what your were asking

Bruce
WE4

------------------
www.ptsnctb.com
WE GOT THE 2004R PARTS!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dave_silva:
Welcome. Where are you guys located (which part of Sac), I have a few trannys and I need some help/advice. Do you deal with getting hard to find parts (like for Powerglides with/without rear pump, and TH350 ?)? I also race out at All American Speedway in Roseville, and I am looking for some good tranny spots. This is one of the Best sites on the net for info, there is a ton knowledge at this sight.

Thanks
Dave

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
50 and Howe ave.
I have a few cars up at Placerville and a couple at Stockton 99. I did one for a street stock (?) in Roseville a few years ago. We did this one with full rollershafts, gun drilled shafts, no High gear ,and all lightweight and it set the track record in Placerville.
(22 Car) These roller trans run cool and they have put 4 seasons on it with no problems. Once a year service and good to go.
Stop on by and say hello, anytime.
Bruce
WE4 www.ptsnctb.com

------------------
www.ptsnctb.com
WE GOT THE 2004R PARTS!!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Thanks. I was unaware that the 200 was the stronger of of the two (700R4 and 2004R). The question wasn't for my car by the way, it was for a co-worker who is contemplating a swap to an automatic overdrive. He asked me about it the other day, and I wasn't real sure which way he should go. Like most of us, he wants to get the strongest transmission he can get not neccessarily for the lowest price, but for the best value.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Some people say the 700r4 is stronger than the 200-4r. There was a recent comparison done in Car Craft (? CHP?), they interviewed someone from Art Carr I believe, and they came to the conclusion that they were about the same. Ask some GN guys and they'll swear you can run 9s on a stock 200 and a new wastegate (but that's another story
). Who knows.

Rob

·
Registered
279 Posts
WE4, any idea what you'd charge to build a 200r4 to take like 500hp?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Please visit website..... www.ptsnctb.com
Bruce
WE4

------------------
www.ptsnctb.com
WE GOT THE 2004R PARTS!!

G

·
Just the guy I need to talk to! What's up bro
Glad to see you finally made over this way. I have a BRF with a wicked 2-3 flare that worsens under load. E-mail me, thanks Geoff. (I'm gonna toot your horn some Bruce don't be ashamed
) Guy's, Bruce is a straight up guy who will go to out of his way to ensure you get the best, his customer service is second to none. Little known secret oops! Some of the best Trans builders that build 2004-R's for us Buick guys use Bruce's hard parts of his own design cause they flat work nuff said.

·
Registered
84 Posts
WE4 - There's lots of advice out there on getting a new engine running properly. How about a new or rebuilt automatic trans? I'd suppose most of us are looking at a replacement TH350 or 400 at sometime in our life. How should we initialize them right from the start?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
With everyones needs and desires these days , it is very hard to make a blanket statement to cover everybody. As in everything else now, specialization is the norm. Meaning that what you desire and what the next guy desires are different these days. Many different applications and usage, so I suggest YOU ask what YOU would like to know and they we can assist YOU with your needs.

Bruce
WE4 www.ptsnctb.com

------------------
www.ptsnctb.com
WE GOT THE 2004R PARTS!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.