Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the Walker Super Turbo #17793 mufflers on their car? How would you describe them to a potential user. These have an extra large case with 3 inch in/out. I am replacing dual 3 inch Edelbrock muffs because of the resonance and decibles. Every time I've heard anyone mention the Walker's it alway that they are quieter than most others.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Running 2 1/2" Walker Supers. One thing to keep in mind is that they have fiberglass packing and do get louder with age. At idle about the same as Flowmaster 3 chamber. The little 5.0s don't even ask.

I'd go with them again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm using the Walker 17770 3" SuperTurbo mufflers with a complete Torque Tech 3" exhaust system. The system is relatively quiet at idle and cruise, and sounds good under full throttle. I strongly recommend these mufflers and exhaust pipes. I believe the 17793 muffler must be a smaller case 3" design. If so, it will probably be a little louder than the 17770 muffler, and, based on other tests I've seen, perform slightly worse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I replaced my flowmasters with walker dynomax 17749 mufflers in my 69 SS396 they are 2.5 inch got rid of the resonence and have just as much performance if not more than before I recomend these highley. nice little rumble at a idle and at WOT they are awsome

------------------

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,699 Posts
I have Super Turbos #17734 on my '69 with headers and 2 1/2" pipes all the way back. They sound like the old glasspacks, but a little quieter and do not have the popping and crackling of glasspacks. Still quite a bit louder than stock mufflers. von

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.