Team Chevelle banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wagon Owners: Please list the production plants your wagon was produced in. I'm trying to get a consensus on the subject of our Chevelle wagon origins. Both of my former '64 and '65 were manufactured in L , and my current '65 was manufactured in the K , plant. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
Plus Oshawa ("1"), but no 2-door wagons from there. I don't know if they did Chevelle wagons there after '69. I know the '71s & later were imported from the U.S plants.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Z - Fremont 1968 Nomad wagon
My 65 two-door wagon was built in Baltimore. But it was sold new in California, figure that one out!
I currently have a 65 4 door Malibu wagon the was Made in ST. Lois, but I picked it up in Northern Ca. I can't prove it was sold new in California, but it is very clean rust wise. It makes me think.

·
Registered
10 Posts
my 65 was built in Baltimore sold new in Silver Springs Md . was converted into a sedan delivery prior to me getting it

·
Premium Member
13,744 Posts
There were several Chevy dealers in the Silver Spring area in that time frame!!

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
My 72 Greenbrier was built in Baltimore and sold new there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Update- looked up the trim plate stamping, my 65 was assembled in Atlanta but built in Euclid. I assume the body was built in Euclid as a shell then transported to Atlanta for final assembly?

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Update- looked up the trim plate stamping, my 65 was assembled in Atlanta but built in Euclid. I assume the body was built in Euclid as a shell then transported to Atlanta for final assembly?

According to Dale's post above, that is correct.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts