Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys and Gals;

Right around the end of last month, both of our computers were infected with this virus. Come to find out, it came from one of the members on this site, and some of you posted that topic.

Yesterday, Rick (Flywheel72?) emailed us asking some questions on our engine buildup.

Rick, if you are watching this site, your email infected this computer again. Both of the email addresses you posted came back thru Mailer Deamon. This morning, sure enough, "VIRUS".

Lucky for us, the Techs at Norton showed us how to "RID" this and any other virus from our computer(s).

Guys and Gals, "Please" be careful what you open, this "World" of ours is becoming full of "Terrorism".

Team Members,

Richard, Judy and MAXX2

------------------

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
BadCam
Go down into Bug Hunt and post your question for Matt Smith and the guys that check that area. They will help you and explain how.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once you have talked to a tech from your Anti Virus Protection Company, it is very easy to remove most virus problems. Call the company that you are using, and be sure to write their instructions down.

Note that virus problems can occur without you opening anything.

Team Members,

Richard, Judy, and MAXX2

------------------

·
Premium Member
19,960 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by badcam:
how can i tell whether or not i have this virus in my computer?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you keep your virus protection software up to date, it'll catch it for you and quarantine it (at least Norton does) before any damage. If you're not running virus protection, shame on you

I've gotten a few in email over the past few weeks from folks on the Chevelle List. Many viruses are attachments. When you open the attachment, it grabs names from your address book and mails itself out - the PC owner doesn't even know it's happening. Never, {b]NEVER[/B] open attachments from someone you don't know and only those that you're expecting from someone you do know.

------------------
Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67SS & 67 Elky
Dale's Place
Team 67
Integrity: If you have it, it doesn't matter - If you don't have it, it doesn't matter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.