Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 73 low comp 454 with 049 heads. M21 with 3.36 gears.
Do you think the Voodoo 60202 is a good choice?
I have a set of 215 heads with larger valves installed but need to finish them. I am not sure if I have helped or hurt them with my cleanup of the ports and bowls.
I have searched and read where it has been suggested the Crane 272H, the Comp 268HE and the Crane 270 mag.
What is the best STREET ONLY cam for me?
Thanks
Terry

·
Premium Member
14,529 Posts
Yep, I don't know much about those heads, since I don't usually bother with iron geads myself, but with those gears, I'd say the 60202 cam will be fine. Be sure to get the matching lifters and valvesprings with the cam too (that's important). If you have new valvesprings already on the heads, then make sure that you look up the seat pressure spec for them as well as the specs for the recommended Lunati valvesprings for that cam, and be sure that the seat pressures are really close. If they aren't close, or if your valvesprings have a lot of miles on them, then you'll need to buy the recommended springs for that cam.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think you made a nice choice. Just got done dialing in a new motor for the wifes 67 car.
I put a 427 in it .030 over, 049 heads, valve springs one step up from stock,10-1 comp, that 202 Vodoo cam, 3:90 gears 4spd muncie.

This car rocks, it pulls like the dickens plenty of power, you can tell it has a small cam in it, and it has excellent street manners.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts