Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some missing wiring in my 65 and I think that nothing is going through the voltage regulator. If I'm not mistaken, that's the electrical thing in a black case on the driver's side of the radiator next to the horn relay, right? It has 4 terminals coming out of it with a plastic thing covering them. The plastic has letters and numbers on it in this order: F 2 3 4
Can anyone help me figure out how I need to connect things to this?
Also, when hooking up things like my electric fan and electric choke, can I run the power wires to the fuse box inside the car, under the driver's dash to the terminal labeled "Acc. Fused"? Is this where you are generally supposed to run the ignition switched power lines? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Dale McIntosh has wiring diagrams for 67 Chevelle on his web site. Click here then on the “Wiring Diagrams” link, The Lighting and Engine Comaprtment diagram will show how your voltage regulator should be wired. I’m assuming your alternator has not been changed to an internally regulated alternator.

A good place to connect the electric choke is the black/yellow wire that supplies power to the wiper motor.

For electric fans I recommend you connect to the horn relay. Depending on the fan you use you will need at least a 30 Amp auto fuse or automotive circuit breaker.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts