Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a (will have in 3 hours) 71 454 (468) SS, green w/ white stripes its cherry. But i was wondering what Viper Stripes (ya know.. full stripes right over the roof as well as trunk and hood) would look like on this car? good, crap? anyone seen or tried this?

Thanks for the info guys =)

-Chris

·
Registered
834 Posts
I haven't actually seen this but have thought about it quite a bit. My conclusion is, it could only lood decent if the rest of the car is one color, no different colored roof. Also, SS stripes get wider as the get closer to the windshield so it would still not look like a uniform line. If the stripes are the same width all the way down it probably wouldn't look that bad.

------------------
Chris Dagenais
CST Kelsey
'71 Malibu soon to be 454!
http://member.xoom.com/Gandalf80/Chris'sPage

·
Registered
246 Posts
Why would you want to take a 'cherry' '71 Chevelle and try to make it look like a Mustang GT - cuz that's where those stripes derived from. You asked for opinions and mine is that I would look at it and wince. Then I would wonder if you completed the look with one of those 'bare foot' gas pedals.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cherry meaning it looks sweet..
its not like all origonal or anything, its got a custom engine, wheel, dash, buckets, pedals already =)

T

·
0 Posts
Don't do it!!!

Who would want a classic chevelle to look like a japanese compact car?

Don't do it!

Keep the original SS stripes. Another option that doesn't look too bad is one wide stripe centered on the hood and trunk lid. About 18" wide with the 1/4" pin stripe surrounding the wide stripe. Just don't go over the hood. I've seen a couple of race cars sone this way and it don't look half bad.

Todd G
Malibu Muscle
http://www.qis.net/~tgeisler

------------------

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
eheh =) ok ok
just exploring options bud =)
and it would take ALOT of paint to make my 2 ton monster look like a honda =P eheh

-Chris Clark

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
hey man its your car,thats all that matters, hey if it is not the stock look you want,fine. customs are also cool. I saw these stripes on a 69 dodge charger and to tell you the truth,It looked very striking.
It was white with black stripes,although it was not factory,it looked good because it was odd. your car ,your way, nothing wrong with that. all true gearheads know this.but remember, these stripes came from fords,think about it, do you really want these ford stripes on your chevy,but then again dodge must have liked them,look at there new pickups and vipers,thats where this all started, didnt it? viper stripes!
GO FOR IT!67rat member #199

·
Registered
63 Posts
Personally, I don't care for the stripes going over the roof. They just seem weird looking to me. If god intended for the stripes to go over the roof, he woulda had the guys at the factory put em there!
But seriously, do what ever would make the car most enjoyable for you. Oh, and Kevin, I LIKE those bare foot gas pedals thank you very much! :p

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey 454, I am sending you a picture of a 72 El-Camino from my archives that has two stripes going over the top via E-Mail. I personaly don't like it, but it's your choice. I have seen some fairly well made vinyl stipes that you could apply without having to paint it on. If you don't like em, then you can take it off easily.

BTW, Dodge does fairly well with the stripes on the SS/T truck. But why don't they finish the job?? The effect was to wrap around the bumpers to, but they don't offer it that way. It stops just above the bumper?? (sorry, got lost
)

[This message has been edited by Jason Shulenberger (edited 07-22-99).]

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the pic, i see now what it would look like.. not too hot me thinks =) Thanks again i might have made a big mistake if not for that =)

-Chris

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
hey 454
I wanted to say that in my post but I did not want to get ya fired up.how bout a motion stripe naaaaaaa maybe not. have a good one all. 67rat member #199

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.